ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 phantom gaming-ITX/TB3 5xxxG Support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 phantom gaming-ITX/TB3 5xxxG Support
    Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 11:07pm
Here are some instructions for updating your BIOS to support the 5000G series CPUs
without needing a Matisse CPU to perform the update. Please bare in mind this is
a workaround to help those of you who don't have access to a Matisse CPU to perform
the update. As with any end user level BIOS workaround/fix, do this at your own
risk.

To minimize the risk of a bad flash be sure to clear CMOS with the clear CMOS
jumper or by removing the battery with the power disconnected for 10mins. Once
clear, boot into the BIOS and load BIOS defaults.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, download the following PDF and follow the instructions:
https://download.asrock.com/TSD/Ryzen5000/X570%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXTB3.pdf

The first link, provides a tool to format a USB stick, and enabling it to run the EFI Shell

The second download, contains the necessary files, and also includes BIOS release 2.60

Now a 5900 CPU (Vermeer) will work, but a 5000 Series Cezanne (5700G) requires at least BIOS 3.00, and will still not work

https://asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXTB3/index.asp#CPU

The solution is download the latest BIOs (currently 3.20)

Extract it onto the USB stick, and change the NSH file, which is basically a batch file, for a EFI shell command prompt

This is the content of the original BIOSUPDATE.nsh file:
echo -off

B16

if %lasterror% == 0 then

echo Update BIOS for Picasso and Pinnacle.

AfuEfix64 X57TB3_2.60 /p /b /n /k /l /x /ATR /CMD:{TOP16M} /RLC:F

AfuEfix64 X57TB3_2.60 /p /b /n /k /l /x /CMD:{BOTTOM16M} /RLC:F

else

echo Please use Instant Flash to update BIOS.

Endif

And this is what it should be:
echo -off

B16

if %lasterror% == 0 then

AfuEfix64 X57TB3_3.20 /p /b /n /k /l /x /ATR /CMD:{TOP16M} /RLC:F

AfuEfix64 X57TB3_3.20 /p /b /n /k /l /x /CMD:{BOTTOM16M} /RLC:F

else

endif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once this is done the Cezanne (5000g) CPU will now work. As always with any BIOS
flash there is the risk of a bad flash. If this workaround fails you will need
to RMA the board to have the BIOS reflashed by ASRock. It is possible to recover
the system with an external flasher but this is not something for the inexperienced.
Al-kibir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al-kibir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 4:02pm
HI, Xaltar, a couple of things. First thank you for somewhat correcting my post with this Booting and Update problem. Then, how can one update or ammend ones posts? My post on this matter has some small errors and I wish to erase it. Also, how do we jump quickly to our own posts? i always have to myke a search or just book mark the page.
Thank you for your help.
Al-kibir
GasGuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GasGuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 5:57am
Ref. X570 Phantom Gaming 4 BIOS
https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X570%20Phantom%20Gaming%204/index.asp#BIOS

I am in a similar situation... 3200G/X570-PG4 > 5700G.
The Picasso/3200G BIOSUPDATE.nsh is written for BIOS-3.20, where 5000G support starts not until 3.60.
Accordingly, I could update with a Picasso/3200G without a 'required' Matisse/Renoir/Vermeer?.

Parallel to Xaltar's solution/script, my BIOSUPDATE.nsh edit for the upper/lower string is as follows (using the latest BIOS-4.20)?
AfuEfix64 X570PG44.20 /p /b /n /k /l /x /ATR /CMD:{TOP16M} /RLC:F
AfuEfix64 X570PG44.20 /p /b /n /k /l /x /CMD:{BOTTOM16M} /RLC:F
Laura Fridley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Fridley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2022 at 5:57am
I recently put together a new build using the X570 Phantom Gaming ITX motherboard paired with a Ryzen 5 5600G CPU, which is supposed to be supported. However, the system turns on, everything powers up, but no post. Then after about 30 seconds it resets. There is apparently no flash bios functionality with this board.

The rest of the system is two 8 g sticks of t-force dram; corsair AIO, Corsair 1t m.2, a Samsung 512g SATA, and a Corsair SF600 psu.

What do I need to do to get this machine to post?
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Laura Fridley Laura Fridley wrote:

I recently put together a new build using the X570 Phantom Gaming ITX motherboard paired with a Ryzen 5 5600G CPU, which is supposed to be supported. However, the system turns on, everything powers up, but no post. Then after about 30 seconds it resets. There is apparently no flash bios functionality with this board.

The rest of the system is two 8 g sticks of t-force dram; corsair AIO, Corsair 1t m.2, a Samsung 512g SATA, and a Corsair SF600 psu.

What do I need to do to get this machine to post?

if it resets, then probably memory doesnt train, first post might take longer time, let it reboot few times on its own
if nothing happens after 5min, then try only one stick in A1 slot
zdundorf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zdundorf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 7:01pm
Hi, I recently purchased the x570 itx/bt3 motherboard and a 5700g APU, I also have a 3200G APU currently installed to update the BIOS, I've followed the instructions to boot the EFI system and navigate to my flash dive. Running the biosupdate.nsh script produces the error that /ATR is an invalid argument, making that /ATR:D or ATR:U gets past that error but then produces "ae - Error: BIOS doesn't support OEMCMD function.

My last attempted biosupdate.nsh follows:
echo -off
B16
if %lasterror% == 0 then
AfuEfix64 X57TB3_3.50 /p /b /n /k /l /x /ATR:U /CMD:{TOP16M} /RLC:F
AfuEfix64 X57TB3_3.50 /p /b /n /k /l /x /CMD:{BOTTOM16M} /RLC:F
else
endif

Any help getting this motherboard updated to support the 5700g would be appreciated.
asreally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asreally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 4:55am
The links on the guide are dead (they direct to a desktop wtf??)

Please help, I'm stuck and can't use my 5800x3d on x570 phantom gaming itx tb3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic