ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H510 Pro GPU Compatibility (Solved)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobberetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H510 Pro GPU Compatibility (Solved)
    Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 10:08am
Hi Everyone,

I've made a post before and that issue was solved, but now I'm having issue with something new.

I have an H510 Pro board, with two EVGA 3060s.
I am using an Intel i1-10100 CPU with a single stick of Crucial 16GB, 2666 DDR4 RAM.

When I boot with no cards the system runs fine, no issues.
When I plug a GPU into any of the PCI slots, the boot screen shows red PCI slots and the GPU LED indicators turn red. This happens when I boot with either 1 GPU or 2. I tried plugging the GPU/s into Slots 4 and 6, and 5 and 6 and both times I got the red LED and they showed orange/red on the launch page.

I have tried a single GPU in each slot (always red), both powered (slots 4, 5 & 6) and unpowered (slots 1 and 2) from the PSU.

When I plug the second card into GPU Slot 2, same issue, PC boots with slots 1 and 2 red. The GPUs don't light up (which they don't i'm pretty sure) and the fans dont spin (which they might not spin until they get hot? Trying to GPU test and get them spinning on the tower RN).

I have plugged one of the 3060s into my tower and it runs fine. PC runs like normal and it benchmarks okay.

On the H510 Pro MOBO if I enter device manager with the 3060 installed the display adaptor only shows the integrated graphics. I have gone through and followed every Youtube tutorial on how to fix this and nothing helps. I have downloaded H510 BIOS version 1.30 as posted by the ASRock team in another thread for optimised 3000 series cards, and no effect. After updating the BIOS I went in and changed the PCI link from "Auto" to "Gen 2" because someone here said it helped, but it didn't do anything different. GPU LEDs are still red and not displaying on Device Manager.

If I plug my 2070S (from my tower) into the H510 MOBO the fans spin and the card lights up (yay! the board isn't faulty!) however I get the 5 beeps error. I have tried booting with MOBO HDMI and booting with GPU HDMI. With MOBO I get the 5 beeps, and with GPU I get no beeps, but I also get no video output on the monitor.

Unfortunately I am now stuck here trying to get into the OS with the 2070S to see if the card comes up in device manager and if I can run Trex miner and see if it all works normally. If I plug my 2nd 3060 into the MOBO while running the 2070S, I get 5 beeps.

Surely the 3060s are compatible with the H510 board? Or am I missing something?

I'm extremely relieved that my MOBO isn't faulty and that the 2070S card is recognised, I was worried I'd need to send it back.
If anyone can help I'd love you forever!!!

Edited by Xaltar - 27 Oct 2021 at 3:00pm
Bobberetic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobberetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 11:01am
EDIT: Sorry, Intel i3-10100 CPU (I also have an i3-10100F that I originally purchased for this board but it was giving me troubles).
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 2:24pm
Check your BIOS and make sure you have the following set:

CAM: Disabled
Above 4g Decoding: Enabled

This has gotten things running for users trying to use 5 or more GPUs, it's all I
can think of suggesting in your case. I don't have any mining boards of my own
to test with so I typically only reply to these threads when the issue is more
generic (normal troubleshooting applies). The PCIe configuration on mining boards
is far more intricate and requires rather specific troubleshooting steps.

If the above BIOS settings don't help then try getting in touch with ASRock:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
Bobberetic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobberetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 2:29pm
FIXED MY PROBLEM.

Went into BIOS and switched the GPU on Boot from Auto to Integrated and switched all of the PCI link speeds to Gen 3.
Using the 1.3 BIOS version.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 2:59pm
Awesome, glad to hear it. Thanks for sharing your solution
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic