ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting ready for Windows 11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting ready for Windows 11
    Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 5:35pm
When using built in graphics, disabling CSM, would do the trick, also the latest BIOS should enable the built in TPM security module.
When you disable CSM, your OS will be installed in GPT mode, and mbr2gpt, doesn't always work, it is better to do a clean install of Windows 11 in GPT (UEFI) Mode
When you have an activated Windows 10, you can do a clean install of Windows 11, without license key, but you have to use tghe same version, so Win10 Home, will require Win11 home, same for Pro.
Once the system has an internet conenction, Windows 11 will be activated using the Windows 10 activation stored in the Microsoft cloud.
With home, you MUST use a Microsoft account, with Pro, it is also possible to use a local account, which personally I prefer
Kind Regards
grumps123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grumps123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 5:12pm
I am currently getting ready to switch my OS to windows 11. My main OS drive is currently using MBR. I am planning to use MBR2GPT to nondestructively convert my drive. My question is do I need to change any BIOS settings before / after the conversion so that I can use the disk? Or, will it just boot up in GPT mode after I make the switch? The last thing I want is to do the conversion and have the computer tell me it cant read the disk because I forgot a step... My board is the Z370 Professional Gaming i7.

Any advice appreciated as I want this process to go as smoothly as possible.
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic