ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 7 5700G and ASRock Jupiter X300 issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TweFoju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen 7 5700G and ASRock Jupiter X300 issue
    Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 7:18pm
Hello,

So i recently bought Ryzen 7 5700G and using ASrock Jupiter X300.

But i realized i made a big mistake, it can't allow me to play any games since it will overheat the CPU so quick within 10-15 min of gaming and force the GPU to cut the connection output to the monitor ( a.k.a black screen ), and it overheat so quick using the stock fan from Jupiter.

There is also no way for me to install the AMD Strix heat sink fan into the Jupiter case without closing the case ( since it's so slim )

Are there any solution for this? any way i can do something about gaming with Jupiter with Ryzen 7 5700G without making it overheat so quick and forcing the GPU to shut it's connection?

Thanks in advance!
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 10:17pm
see bios options if you can change cTDP, its configurable with your CPU with values from 45-65watts, more watts = more heat
you can also use CTR https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/clocktuner-2-1-for-ryzen-(ctr)-guide,1.html
with it you can reduce cpu votages and clocks there, so it wont heat that much

or with ryzen master, enable PBO and reduce PPT (number there is wattage limit for you CPU)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 10:18pm
CTR
for some odd reason cant edit my post and hyperlink is broken there
TweFoju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TweFoju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 11:30am
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

see bios options if you can change cTDP, its configurable with your CPU with values from 45-65watts, more watts = more heat
you can also use CTR https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/clocktuner-2-1-for-ryzen-(ctr)-guide,1.html
with it you can reduce cpu votages and clocks there, so it wont heat that much

or with ryzen master, enable PBO and reduce PPT (number there is wattage limit for you CPU)

Hello, i see that it only supports the following:

APU: Ryzen 7 PRO 4750G, Ryzen 7 PRO 4650G, Ryzen 3 PRO 4350G

so does that mean it wont work for Ryzen 7 5700G? or it's ok to do this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 2:28am
it will work with zen and zen3 CPUs
TweFoju View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TweFoju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

it will work with zen and zen3 CPUs

Hello!

Unfortunately, i got this error message, any thoughts on why this is happening? also i cannot press on the Diagnostic button too

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/v485/twefoju/sasa.png
jupiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by TweFoju TweFoju wrote:

Hello,

So i recently bought Ryzen 7 5700G and using ASrock Jupiter X300.

But i realized i made a big mistake, it can't allow me to play any games since it will overheat the CPU so quick within 10-15 min of gaming and force the GPU to cut the connection output to the monitor ( a.k.a black screen ), and it overheat so quick using the stock fan from Jupiter.

There is also no way for me to install the AMD Strix heat sink fan into the Jupiter case without closing the case ( since it's so slim )

Are there any solution for this? any way i can do something about gaming with Jupiter with Ryzen 7 5700G without making it overheat so quick and forcing the GPU to shut it's connection?

Thanks in advance!

Hello TweFoju, where exactly did you buy the Jupiter X300? It was announced in January of this year, but I haven't seen it online yet
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic