ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B550 SL Crashes unless I manually set CPU Voltage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 SL Crashes unless I manually set CPU Voltage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatlineskillz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 SL Crashes unless I manually set CPU Voltage
    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 4:42am
Greetings All,

I have had a number of issues recently with my PC Build. I have the following parts:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/z6jd4d

Previously it was crashing at startup and barely making it through the initial Windows 10 or 11 installation. Once I set the CPU voltage manually to 1.30v it worked fine. Ideally it would be nice to get things working on default settings but for now if its not going to damage anything I am ok with it. I have an AIO cooler and have been monitoring it and so far my CPU temp has not gone above 60C even when gaming (battlefield V & Wolfenstein new order on high/ultra settings). If I set it back to default voltage for my 3600 processor I get all kinds of BSODS IRQ, DPC Watchdog, Kernal security check failure, fast resource precondition violation. Ram is Corsair LPX 3600 set to 18-22-22-42 1.35V manually not using XMP.

Once I set my CPU voltage manually and my system was stable I let it run for the day. I found out that when it goes to sleep and wakes up the PC crashes and restarts with BSOD "Video scheduler internal error" I disabled sleep for the time being but its not ideal and I would like to get sleep working. Can anyone help me out with suggestions? Motherboard is running latest bios as well.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 5:31pm
Dear flatlineskillz,
Thank you for the posting.

According to your description, we recommend booting into BIOS/Advance/AMD CBS/CPU Common Options to set [Global C-state Control] to [Disable] to try.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
flatlineskillz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatlineskillz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 3:05am
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Dear flatlineskillz,
Thank you for the posting.

According to your description, we recommend booting into BIOS/Advance/AMD CBS/CPU Common Options to set [Global C-state Control] to [Disable] to try.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD

I actually tried a format and reinstall of windows last night and the sleep issue is no longer a problem. I do still have the issue of having to manually set my processor voltage. Will the global C-state potentially fix that issue?
flatlineskillz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatlineskillz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:03pm
I changed the global C-State setting and tried setting my CPU voltage to auto again and my PC froze hard within minutes of starting up. Changing it back to manual voltage of 1.30 and no issues. Sleep issue looks like it was resolved by removing some old display drivers from my system.

I'd still like to get the issue with the manual voltage setting resolved as I am concerned about leaving it long term.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic