ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dr.debug error 00 on z170 extreme6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dubhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 6:36am
Received a new Intel i7-6700K processor and installed it today.  The Dr. Debug error code "00" is now gone.  I am receiving a new error indicating "99" which according to the manual is a PCI-E device issue.  Interestingly I have no PCI-e devices installed when receiving this error.  I added the Intel 750 PCIe SSD card and same error, then added the graphics card (Zotac) and got the same error.  I feel some slight progress may have been made since apparently I did have a bad processor (or so it appeared with the disappearance of the "00" code).  I am investigating what to do next regarding this error since it is vague.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

EDIT:  I found someone with similar issue in Tom's Hardware forums and tried a few more things. This could be a display issue. Unfortunately I have a display with both VGA and DVI-I connections and only HDMI cable available...using HDMI-DVI-I adapter on both ends I am still not seeing anything.  Ironically I gave away a few DVI-I cables recently so only have some at office now.  I held down DEL when booting again, saw the "A9" error code show for a while then it switched over to "Ab".  Apparently this may be normal (at least according to the poster on Tom's) and I should be seeing BIOS screen at this point.  Maybe it is POST'ing properly after all, but my screen set up sucks and cannot verify as yet. Here is link to post I am referring to:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2482790/asrock-z97-extreme6-error.html

EDIT 2: Wow, I could not be much more frustrated with this board and build. After deducing that my issue may just be my display issue as mentioned previously, I went to my home office with this new build and rewired some things just to get my 30" Apple Cinema Display (DVI-I Dual Link) attached to the machine to see if I can actually see BIOS and managed to get a few things different to happen. Upon first boot with just the monitor and USB Keyboard/Mouse hooked in, the mobo booted and displayed "b4".  I took this to mean I may not need the extra USB cable that is part of the ACD plugged in (feeds USB hub in monitor) and rebooted after disconnecting.  Afterwards, it booted and ran through codes and finally stayed on and displayed no codes! I thought I might have been making progress but still not seeing anything on screen. I rebooted, held down DEL key to get to BIOS and it ended up by showing "Ab" again which is where I was at before hooking up to this different monitor.  So, I shut down and cleared BIOS (with button this time) after removing power cable from power supply and then rebooted.  Most unfortunately, I am seeing the "00" code again now.  Shut down, unplugged, cleared CMOS with jumper and rebooted, same "00" code.   I have made zero progress after replacing mobo and processor.  I don't know where to go from here but I may need to take a break from this a bit because I am simply out of time for this.  Occupied two full weekends and that is a lot for me.  As I have said before, I don't think I have ever had so much trouble with a build before and this is the first time using ASRock, I don't know if the correlation even matters, just not impressed.   I see this issue as very common as well in forums so I am wondering if there is really an issue with this board.  I don't think the processor just went bad with me plugging it in again.   I have already dealt with the mobo and processor returns which was a hassle also.  I am not getting it and am spent.

Thanks,
~Dubhead Cool

Edited by Dubhead - 29 Feb 2016 at 8:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic