ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time keep reseting after power loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Massik25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time keep reseting after power loss
    Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 4:55pm
I have some issues with the x570 itx tb3 board, The time is reseting after power loss but not the bios settings, I replaced the CMOS battery nothing changed. Other issues, '=' means after shutdown:
-Win 10 fast boot on + bios s4/s5= mice/keyboard leds always on
-Win 10 fast boot on + s5 = mice/keyboard leds trurn on if pressed or moved
-Win 10 fast boot off + s5 = mice/keyboard leds off , but system booting only if the power button is pressed twice, and time is reseting.
-Win 10 fast boot off + s5 off = mice/keyboard leds off, system boot from first power button press, but if I blug my phone to usb it's still charging it, time reseting if power loss.

It's not The battery because settings in the bios remain same unless I press The CMOS reset button or remove the battery.

BIOS v 3.2
AMD 3900x, 32gb Kingston ecc, 2080ti

Thanks
Maxtor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxtor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 5:34am
I've tried almost everything to make this work but it has to do something with the BIOS version I think.

My issue is the same but a bit different also in fact. My board had issues with RAM detection.. fails to start, stopped on some errors during post. Also it lost the whole BIOS settings after plugging it off the power - lot of people compains about this.

After updating to the latest BIOS v3.20 everything started to work fine after a year of problems with this board.
Now I left my city for some time and unplugged the PC off the power after a year and problems are back.

- Now it remembers all settings except time settings that is always on 63hrs setting that is wrong of course.

- I have to go to BIOS and change the time quickly to correct one because otherwise it will start to behave exactly like this issue (after the time change everything is fine again):
https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20012&PID=91465#91465

- Then I have to boot manualy from the BIOS selecting the proper drive from EXIT screen of BIOS and run it this way. If I will just save settings with new time it will always get stucked on post error "0xc0000001" and after hard reset I will always find the crazy 63hrs time in BIOS.

Honestly.. Im more and more confused from this board and according to what I went through with it in the past I can just say that it looks like Asrock is really crappy company with lot of really faulty products.
Massik25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Massik25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 4:43am
Originally posted by Maxtor Maxtor wrote:

I've tried almost everything to make this work but it has to do something with the BIOS version I think.

My issue is the same but a bit different also in fact. My board had issues with RAM detection.. fails to start, stopped on some errors during post. Also it lost the whole BIOS settings after plugging it off the power - lot of people compains about this.

After updating to the latest BIOS v3.20 everything started to work fine after a year of problems with this board.
Now I left my city for some time and unplugged the PC off the power after a year and problems are back.

- Now it remembers all settings except time settings that is always on 63hrs setting that is wrong of course.

- I have to go to BIOS and change the time quickly to correct one because otherwise it will start to behave exactly like this issue (after the time change everything is fine again):
https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20012&PID=91465#91465

- Then I have to boot manualy from the BIOS selecting the proper drive from EXIT screen of BIOS and run it this way. If I will just save settings with new time it will always get stucked on post error "0xc0000001" and after hard reset I will always find the crazy 63hrs time in BIOS.

Honestly.. Im more and more confused from this board and according to what I went through with it in the past I can just say that it looks like Asrock is really crappy company with lot of really faulty products.

yeah I agree with you, the tech support dont't even tried to help, they just told me to go see the dealer lol
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Massik25 Massik25 wrote:

I have some issues with the x570 itx tb3 board, The time is reseting after power loss but not the bios settings, I replaced the CMOS battery nothing changed. Other issues, '=' means after shutdown:

It's not The battery because settings in the bios remain same unless I press The CMOS reset button or remove the battery.

BIOS v 3.2
AMD 3900x, 32gb Kingston ecc, 2080ti

Thanks

actually it is teh battery which saves your date and time
cmos battery doesnt store bios settings anymore, uefi wokrs a bit differently than old bios, so cmos data gets stored directly into bios nand storage, so cmos reset wont reset your date/time and remeoving battery wont reset your cmos data
Maxtor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxtor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 4:37am
Ok. I will try to change it. No matter that.. it is weird that default state for the time is 63hrs and 63rd day of the month in fact..

I will post here something when I will try it (it will not be soon). It will be a pain in ass to be honest becuase the battery is hidden under the heatspreader near back ports and my case is an ITX small cube so you know.. water cooling out, board out. I will cry when I will do it but it is worth a try.

Thx for a tip.
Massik25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Massik25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Maxtor Maxtor wrote:

Ok. I will try to change it. No matter that.. it is weird that default state for the time is 63hrs and 63rd day of the month in fact..

I will post here something when I will try it (it will not be soon). It will be a pain in ass to be honest becuase the battery is hidden under the heatspreader near back ports and my case is an ITX small cube so you know.. water cooling out, board out. I will cry when I will do it but it is worth a try.

Thx for a tip.

I had the same situation,
too lazy to disassembly my pc, so I just cut off the cmos battery cable connector, it's visible, and then soldered a new battery to the cuted cable,
It's located on top of PCIE connector left side.
Still nothing change
TollKeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TollKeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 3:55am

I have been having this problem for just at 2 years.

My build
NZXT H510
1x 120 Rad
1x 240 Rad
4x 120 Noctua fans
EK pump with Reservoir
5600x
Vega64
2x16 Crucial 3600 (XMP on)
1TB Sabrent NVME
2tb Samsung 860EVO SSD
Windows 10 Pro

On my first motherboard I changed the CMOS battery, Changed XMP profiles, switched the fTPM, and a host of other things, all at Asrocks request. Nothing worked.

I RMA'ed the motherboard thru Amazon back in December at Asrocks request.

Same problem still exists.

I also can not upgrade past Bios 3.1. If I upgrade to 3.2 or 3.5 I get a checksum error. But I can downgrade back to 3.1 no problems.

Asrock wants me to RMA my motherboard, but I cant be without a computer for a month while they figure out whats going on. I bought a second X570 ITXTB3, and swapped it out for the original one, so I could send it off to Asrock, and it has the same problem. Returned the 3rd motherboard since it has the same problems.

3 motherboards, all with the same problem? Talk about aggravating.

Going to have to tear it apart and send it in anyways. Going to have to try and survive off my 8 year old laptop.

I am betting Asrock sends me a new motherboard, and it does the same thing.

Unless someone found a fix??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TollKeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 1:13pm
And now a another motherboard with the same issue..

Getting really frustrated with Assrock
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 3:13pm
I am sorry but there is no way you have the same issue with 3 motherboards. It
would seem some other aspect of your system is causing an issue that keeps resetting
your RTC (real time clock). The OS can write to your RTC registers, I would start
there. Disconnect your boot drive and see if the issue reoccurs without booting
into your OS. If it does then go through your system removing every component you
can and see if you can find the culprit. It could be RAM related, if one or both
of your RAM modules are marginal (intermittently faulty) it can cause register
corruption. It could also be what is behind your BIOS checksum errors while
updating past 3.1. I can see why ASRock is having trouble with this one, it's
not your usual hardware issue. Bit of a headscratcher for sure.

I would start with
1. Remove OS from the equation
2. Remove all USB devices except for keyboard and mouse (some USB devices have firmware that interferes with POST and BIOS function)
3. Try with one stick of RAM (then the other)
4. Make sure to clear CMOS between each step to make sure no gremlins are hiding from the previous boot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TollKeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2022 at 3:27pm
Did that all today on the new motherboard. I bought 2 of them at the same time, even have sequential serial numbers. Was holding onto the second motherboard for a Plex Server build once the Video Card Pandemic ended. Swapped to the other motherboard so I could send the screwed one out on RMA. Now I am sending 2 of them out on RMA.

I bought some Geil Trident Neo CL16 memory yesterday, fresh install of windows on a mechanical drive. On the motherboard it started on version 2.6, and booted fine, but needed to update the bios due to issues with the video.

Bios 2.7 no issues other than the clock. It somewhat set, but not really. I set the clock to todays date and time, and reboot, and went into bios. It had set the date to 07/63/22 74:57:22. Obviously that isnt right.

2.8 just ended in constant boot cycles. I reseated the memory, swapped the memory, 1 stick old memory, 1 stick new memory, Clear CMOS, reseat CPU, reseat GPU, etc. All with the same result, Boot Cycles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic