ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B450 Pro4 R2.0 Fan header and No CPU speed control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 Pro4 R2.0 Fan header and No CPU speed control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murtagb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 Pro4 R2.0 Fan header and No CPU speed control
    Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 7:44am
My B450 pro fans are not working properly. CPU_FAN1 runs the CPU however I cannot control the fan speeds in the bios or A-Tune or in SpeedFan. In fact, the fans are not even registered as being seen in A-Tune or in Speed Fan.

CHA_FAN1, CHA_FAN2, CPU_FAN2 do not work, only CHA_FAN3 and CPU_FAN1 work.

I have tried each fan in each header to check if it was the fan or the header that was the issue.

Bios has been flashed to the latest version. Here is the hardware list

AsRock B450 Pro4 R2.0
Team Group 1TB SSD
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI MPG A850GF 850W 80 Plus Modular
Coolermaster G100M CPU cooler
Gskills Ripjaws V Series 2 x 16gb DDR4
Coolermaster H500 case with dual 200mm front fans and 1 120mm exhaust fan

Besides getting a new motherboard I am at a loss. This was my first build so feel free to hit me with the amateur questions.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 11:05am
Dear murtagb,
Thank you for the posting.

Please download the latest version of the the A-Tuning from below link and install it to try.
https://download.asrock.com/Utility/MotherboardUtility/MotherboardUtility(v3.0.425).zip

If the issue persist, please boot into BIOS\HW Monitor to adjust the fan speed to check if the behavior is still the same.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
ASRock Motherboard Utility ver:3.0.425
murtagb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murtagb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 10:22am
Have done both of those already as explained. ASROCK customer service has decided to RMA the board.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic