ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need Suggestion for motherboard in my mining setup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Suggestion for motherboard in my mining setup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4nth0ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Suggestion for motherboard in my mining setup
    Posted: 04 Jan 2022 at 4:36pm
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to find the best mining motherboard for my mining operation. As a result, I did lots of research on Google. Then I discovered a blog that was relevant to the best mining motherboard, and there were several motherboards available just for mining. But I simply choose two and am perplexed about which one I should pick or not. The first is the ASRock H110 PRO BTC mining motherboard, while the second is the Biostar TB360-BTC PRO mining motherboard.

Is it possible for you to suggest which one is ideal for mining? I'm not a seasoned miner in the industry...

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to find the best motherboard for my mining setup. I also did a lot of research related to it and found a few blogs with the few best options. From there, I found a few good options and wanted to go with the " ASRock H110 PRO BTC" motherboard after reviewing it on this website.

Could you please check and let me know is it suitable for my mining setup with approximately 10 "RTX 3060 Ti" GPUs? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Have a great day, stay safe.

Regards,
Anthony Miller
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 10:40pm
Which motherboard is best, is difficult to answer.
Not every board can be used for mining with multiple graphics card, simply because the baord does not support it.
The H110 pro BTC, and H510 Pro BTC, are made just for that.
Important is that you use the following settings in BIOS
1. CSM= disabled, when you install your OS, it will be forced into UEFI mode
Installing in UEFI mode is a MUST.
Windows and Hiveos work perfectly fine on these boards.
2. Above 4G decoding= Enabled, this must be set, to give the system access to multiple graphics cards, without this UEFI cannot always address all the hardware, when using multiple graphics cards.
3. Clever Access memory, this is set enabled by default, but not every graphics card can support this functionality, I suggest to put it to Disabled, then install the OS, if that works, you can try to set it to enabled.
Keep in mind that when you use an M.2 card, it only support the SATA M.2, NOT the PCIE (NVME) M.2, and always test the board outside any chassis, with PSU, CPU, 1 memory module, keyboard, mouse (both wired), and a monitor
When you have an F CPU, onboard graphics will not function, and please check the CPU support lists
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H510%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#CPU
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#CPU
Use the support form, on the website, if you need support, the information you give, helps to speed up the process.
When you use a GMAIL qaccount, please check your spam folder for the reply, gmail tends to put the support reply in the spam folder
Kind Regards
voss749 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voss749 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 9:15pm
Dont get a mining motherboard. Why? When you get tired of mining and want to actually play a game, mining motherboards will gather dust. Meanwhile if you get a good ATX mobo with three or 4 PCI-E 4 slots you can still enjoy it for extreme gaming or video production or whatever.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 11:07pm
Yepp, but not every board can handle multiple graphics cards, since they are not designed for it.
That doesn't mean it cannot work, but it's simply better to use a BTC board.
For multiple graphics card and Video editting the Threadripper baords, have more resources, keep in mind that a good part of the PCIE lanes come from the CPU itself.
I know that X399 and TRX40 are popular for video purposes.
Kind Regards

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 8:19pm
Yes H110 Pro BTC should be able to handle this.

First check the CPU supprot list https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#CPU
A lot of people skip this, and end up with an unsupported CPU, and best is tu use good quality PSU's like the Seasonic.
Always test with the onboard graphics only, and use the latest BIOS 1.60
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#BIOS
Then start with one card, and test each individual slot with it.
Now you know the board is working, and all slots are working individually.
In BIOS under boot, you must set CSM to disabled, next set Above 4G Decoding to Enabled, I think it is under Advanced>> CPU Configuration or PCIE configuration.
Only after this is set to enabled, the BIOS, can address multiple cards
Use good quality Powered riser cables, and check the FAQ, how to conenct the PSU's
Kind Regards
kojehoh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kojehoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 1:38am
Originally posted by threadzipper1957 threadzipper1957 wrote:

Which motherboard is best, is difficult to answer.
Not every board can be used for mining with multiple graphics card, simply because the baord does not support it.
The H110 pro BTC, and H510 Pro BTC, are made just for that.
Important is that you use the following settings in BIOS
1. CSM= disabled, when you install your OS, it will be forced into UEFI mode
Installing in UEFI mode is a MUST.
Windows and Hiveos work perfectly fine on these boards.
2. Above 4G decoding= Enabled, this must be set, to give the system access to multiple graphics cards, without this UEFI cannot always address all the hardware, when using multiple graphics cards.
3. Clever Access memory, this is set enabled by default, but not every graphics card can support this functionality, I suggest to put it to Disabled, then install the OS, if that works, you can try to set it to enabled.
Keep in mind that when you use an M.2 card, it only support the SATA M.2, NOT the PCIE (NVME) M.2, and always test the board outside any chassis, with PSU, CPU, 1 memory module, keyboard, mouse (both wired), and a monitor
When you have an F CPU, onboard graphics will not function, and please check the CPU support lists
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H510%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#CPU
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#CPU
Use the support form, on the website, if you need support, the information you give, helps to speed up the process.
When you use a GMAIL qaccount, please check your spam folder for the reply,@jailinmatelookup
gmail tends to put the support reply in the spam folder

It's usually the bare minimum hardware and software you will need to play that game with a "playable" performance. Which usually means the game will look like crap but at least be playable from start to finish.

Edited by Xaltar - 22 Apr 2023 at 2:43pm
siria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 2:36pm
@4nth0ny i recommend you to use Asus ROG Maximus XIII Hero - Intel Z590 ATX.
its also best for gaming.

Edited by Xaltar - 22 Apr 2023 at 2:44pm
saith2662 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saith2662 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2022 at 1:58am
t is actually not so simple to answer without knowing the number of GPU mining rigs you are building. For more numbers GPUs, you need a motherboard with more PCI slots. There are actually few motherboards specifically built for mining.

I recommend using the ones made by MSI, gigabyte, and Asus also. I don?™t really know the model names properly. I will link them below in the answer.

While mining your priority should be on the GPUs as long as the PCI slots are sufficient you can use the crappiest motherboard and CPU.

Here are the motherboards:

MSI ones: These 2 are good ones
I tried the first one and it is a very good option for mining. I won?™t recommend the second as it is very expensive.

2. Gigabyte: An excellent option from gigabyte
sdssf
siria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by tipidet tipidet wrote:

Originally posted by 4nth0ny 4nth0ny wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to find the best mining motherboard for my mining operation. As a result, I did lots of research on Google. Then I discovered a blog that was relevant to the best mining motherboard, and there were several motherboards available just for mining. But I simply choose two and am perplexed about which one I should pick or not. The first is the ASRock H110 PRO BTC mining motherboard, while the second is the Biostar TB360-BTC PRO mining motherboard.

Is it possible for you to suggest which one is ideal for mining? I'm not a seasoned miner in the industry...

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to find the best motherboard for my mining setup. I also did a lot of research related to it and found a few blogs with the few best options. From there, I found a few good options and wanted to go with the " ASRock H110 PRO BTC" motherboard after reviewing it
Could you please check and let me know is it suitable for my mining setup with approximately 10 "RTX 3060 Ti" GPUs? Any help is appreciated.

Yes it is suitable and you may be find from this website
Thanks in advance.
Have a great day, stay safe.

Regards,
Anthony Miller

Hello. I suggest you buy the ASRock H110 PRO BTC, BioStar is a cheap brand without quality.

I am also looking for suggesting regarding my mining setup too.

Edited by Xaltar - 22 Apr 2023 at 2:45pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 6:19pm
Please check the FAQ
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H110%20Pro%20BTC+/index.asp#FAQ
Important is that You use good quality PSU's like Seasonic, and use Powered Riser cables, so not all the power is drawn through the board.
In BIOS disable CSM, and enable Above 4 G decoding.
Use 1 card, and test with his card, in each sot, so You know all slots are working, next test all cards, one by one, in one and the same slot, now You know, all cards are working.
Then it is time to start building the system, becasue You know, the board is okay, the cards are okay, and all slots are working.
Keep in mind thaty the M.2 slot,. can only hand;e SATA M.2 cards, and You will loose SATA3_0
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic