ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GraWhib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock 990FX Extreme9
    Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 1:10am
I am trying to set up a virtual machine ,Oracle, but keep getting the message VT-x/AMD-V is not present how do I make it present.? or would anybody suggest another VM, any help would be appreciated
Graham
GraWhib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GraWhib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 1:12am
I see that visualisation is not enabled (I used Speccy) and it says that it is not supported what do I do? 
Graham
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 4:51am
That is odd, virtualization (spell check turns it into visualization lol) should be supported on an AM3+ system. Does speccy say supported: Disabled or Unsupported: Disabled?

You should be able to enable Virtualization the bios, it should be called "Secure Virtual Machine" in your bios and should be set to enabled by default but its worth looking. According to the manual for your board it is under "CPU Coniguration".
GraWhib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GraWhib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 6:05am
The CPU section on Spessy says
Virtulization not supported
Hypertheading not supported

I thought that as it was a fairly recent motherboard that it should be ok ,thanks for the reply I would like to get this sorted
Graham
GraWhib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GraWhib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 5:00am
I tried sending details to the support site today this proved to be a useless exercise
as the email they sent told me to contact my supplier as this is a custom built machine that is a non starter therefor it seems I may have a rebuild without an ASRock motherboard as they don't seem to care about customersOuch 
Graham
GraWhib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GraWhib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 5:42am
in the manual it states under CPU configuration: secure virtual machine: when this option is set to(enable) a VMM (virtual machine architecture ) can utilize the additional hardware capabilities provided by AMD-V the default value is (enabled) configuration options (enable) and (disable)
Graham
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 6:08am
Yup thats what I said, I don't see why it isn't working. What CPU are you using? There may be some more info to be found in its specs.
Shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 5:47am
The answer is in the CPU. The motherboard itself supports it. If you bought a budget CPU, chances are that it is not supported. Please list your system specs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic