ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X300 Deskmini - Incorrect Default VCore£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flashg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X300 Deskmini - Incorrect Default VCore£
    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 12:59pm
Hello,

I'm using this barebone setup along with R5 5650GE-35w with 32G Crucial Ram and with Bios 1.70 (mandatory for 5th gen Ryzen). Upon installing, the default vcore (set to auto) seemed way too high for this cpu which was 1.35v. With that value,it was simply impossible to proceed, as Windows failed to install at all and threw out Hardware error on install, Ubuntu live install did fail as well...

After browsing around, I've noticed people undervolting their cpu's to some values, 1.1v or even 1.0v VCore. I've decided to give it a try, and did override the auto value from 1.35v down to 1.0v. Now things really seem stable for over a week, but I don't understand how this can be possible at all? I also don't know what should be the default intended vcore for 5650GE,but it seems working now, with temps down from some 50 degrees to 30 degrees as well...

Anybody experienced the same?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic