ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error code 19 on Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manish.ind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error code 19 on Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6
    Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:05pm
I have "Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6" mobo and it was working great for last 4 yrs. One day it got hung and after few reboots, I noticed the network(LAN) goes offline, in few minutes, every time I power it on. This issue was on both LAN's. I reinstalled the OS few times and it did not help.

The BIOS version was 1.70 and tried to update the BIOS to ver 2.00. The update started, however there was no display. After waiting for more than 30 minutes, I had to power it off and then display never came.

Whenever I power on the System, there is no display and 'Dr Debug' shows 19. I have removed all SSD and NvME. Reseated the CPU and every DIMM. Cleared the CMOS. I have tried all DIMM's, one at a time and it did not help.

1) When we update BIOS, what is version of Backup BIOS? Does it stay on old How can I boot using backup BIOS?
2) If I cannot us backup BIOS, how can I revert to old BIOS version?

My Specs:

CPU: Intel I7-7800X
Mobo: AsRock Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6
Memory: 8 x 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport (BLS16G4D240FSB)
GPU: ZOTAC GT 730 4GB
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 11:46pm
Code 19 would implicate memory problems, try with one memory stick in A1.
Or try the support form.
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp?ln=en
When using gmail, please check the Spam folder for replies
Since thge memory controller is integrated in the CPU, please check if all pins in the CPU socker are okay, and just try to start with the CPU cooler loose on top of the CPU, to see if this brings any result.
When the boot process cannot complete several times, it will switch to the other BIOS.
Suppose chip 1 has 1.40, and chips B 1.80.
If 1.40 doesn't start, it will switch to the BIOS 1.80 chip.
When the system does boot, and you get into BIOS>> Tools, and activate Secure backup UEFI, it will simply mean, that Chip A also gets flashed with 1.80, and both chips should have BIOS 1.80.
When you do a BIOS flash, and it worked out fine, you can always use secure backuop UEFI, to also flash the other chip, no matter if this is A or B
Some people flash a BIOS, and when that goes wrong, and the system manages to boot from the other chip, they also try to flash that.
Which of course is not the best of idea's, always first perform the Secure backup UEFI, before flashing a BIOS.
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic