ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

low charging speed on USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: low charging speed on USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C
    Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 7:21pm
Hello. The motherboard has a USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C connector. The Asrock website (https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M%20Pro4/index.ru.asp) indicates support for this connector - 3.0A, but when you connect the phone to this connector, the current does not rise above 380mA . What could be the problem? The wire that I connect the phone to this Type-C connector on the motherboard supports 5A.

Configuration:
ASRock B450M Pro4 BIOS Version P5.30
CPU type AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 4200 MHz (42 x 100)
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 11:29pm
Usually it is not the USB port but the cable that you use.
When you buy a USB C to C cable, on some shops, you see that one cable claims 5Gb/s, and other claim 10Gb/s.
Also keep in mind that USB ports are always working in pairs of 2, which is called a Hub, on B450M pro 4 you see that the USB C is paired with another Light Blue USB A port, they both ar connected to the same pioint on the board, and both must share resources.
I tested, conencting my pgone via the 5GB cable, and it took almost 5 hours to charge, did the same test later with the 10Gb cable and guess what, around 2 hours.
Try with a USB a to C cable (10 Gb/s) and see if this is betetr, if it is on the same hub.
If yes (which is often the case), it is definitely the USB cable, not the board
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic