ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Extreme 4 - Thunderbold card£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerumbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 Extreme 4 - Thunderbold card£
    Posted: 21 Feb 2022 at 10:09pm
What kind of Thunderbolt card can I add to the Z370 Extreme4 board, please? I have the TB1 header and PCIe6 slot available, but currently no extra power cable. Specific models would be most appreciated, or any other info to help me make sure I get something compatible. I care more about supporting USB devices with good bandwidth, than display ports.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 5:13am
kerumbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerumbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2022 at 6:38am
Thank you!
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 10:48pm
For the Z370 Extreme4, you just use the correct slot, please check the manual
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/Thunderbolt%203%20AIC.pdf
Thunderbolt 3 AIC, and thunderbolt 3 AIC R2.0 should both work.
The card will not be shown, in device manager, when there is no Thunderbolt device connected, only after device is connected, the card will show up in device manager
Kind Regards
kerumbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerumbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2022 at 11:55pm
Thanks very much for replying, and for the information. As it turned out, I had trouble finding the Asrock cards, and I ended up getting an Asus Thunderbolt 3 card; and after I got past a few odd things about the installation, it has been working fine for me. I have been very pleased with the connectivity, versatility and performance of this Asrock motherboard overall.
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 12:08am
good to hear.
These Thunderbolt cards, have never been a sales success, that is why they are End Of Life since 2021
Enjoy your board
Kind Regards
bk6366 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bk6366 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 7:29pm
OP,

Would you please share your installation experience with the ASUS AIC?
I'm in the same position as you were earlier and looking for a solution.

Thanks in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic