ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970 pro 3 R2.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 970 pro 3 R2.0
    Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 4:00pm

Hi event viewer in win 10 I am getting the following warning every 60 seconds

Component: AMD Northbridge

Error Source: Corrected Machine Check

Error Type: 28

Processor APIC ID: 0

when I check the details the process id is always  svchost  (localservicenonetwork)

I am running  a AMD Fx 8150 on an asrock 970 pro3 r2.0 with no overclocking and just graphics card and stick of memory, clean install of win 10 and all drivers and bios up to date.

Ran a stress test without any problems.

Is this a cpu fault or a driver issue

kenny

kenny

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 4:40pm
Check the temperatures on your motherboard heatsinks. By the sound of it the Northbridge is overheating. If it is getting very hot check the heatsink and make sure it has not come loose. If it is still attached properly and still overheating you may want to try another power supply as well as possibly add a fan to the system that blows on the Northbridge heatsink.
kenny61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 5:24pm
Dont think its a heat issue i get about dozen listed in a row during win 10 start up then 1 every 60 seconds.
Tried different power supply but still does it.
Also tried win 7 and its the same so rulesout win 10

Kenny
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 5:30pm
During startup the OS initializes drivers for the hardware components, many of which are controlled by the Northbridge so it would stand to reason that it would run hotter during this period. In most cases where I have seen this issue it has come down to either heat or bad power. On occasion it can be driver/software related but given you are having the same issue on both win 7 and win 10 I doubt that is the case.

It could be corrupted data in the UEFI and windows polling a particular device off the northbridge every 60 seconds so it may be worth while trying a CMOS clear, preferably via the battery removal method to be sure the RTC data is cleared too.
kenny61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 8:05pm
Will check for heat and clear bios to see if that helps
Will keep this updated

Kenny

Edited by kenny61 - 09 Mar 2016 at 8:39pm
kenny61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 12:56am
Well its not the northbridge overheating as I had cold air blowing on it during start up, cleared the bios by removing battery.

Interesting to note that the amount warnings created at start up = the amount of svchost that are running when windows boot. 

so i'm left with either cpu has fault or motherboard has fault/cant handle cpu

kenny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic