ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z77 Extreme4 dr debug display flashing 10 and 15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme4 dr debug display flashing 10 and 15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tylerajen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Extreme4 dr debug display flashing 10 and 15
    Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 12:49am
I built this PC in spring of 2013 and for the majority of that time it has served me well. Now I am one of those people who tends to leave the thing running for days and days without rebooting. So one day last September I noticed it was off and I went to turn it back on and nothing displayed on the screen. So I opened it up and the dr debug code is flashing back and forth between 10 and 15. Without using the slow motion feature on my phone camera, it would have been harder to see when the code was 10. So I messed with a few things including removing/swapping RAM sticks around, trying a couple other power supplies off the shelf at Best Buy, and even tried a new bios chip from ebay. At some point I tried moving my graphics card and wifi card to different slots, and it seemed like that was around the time I got past those codes again. Additionally, after all this, it seemed that my HDMI on the motherboard had stopped working as well.

Now it's showing these two dr debug codes again, and I have tried everything I can think of, including everything I mentioned above, and even unplugging everything (SATA, USB, fans, RAM, etc.) from the board except the CPU (and fan) and power. Looking for any suggestions.

Specs:

MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 (https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/)
CPU: i5-3570k
Memory:2 x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series (2x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 Model F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM (Started with one pair and later bought a second pair)
Graphics: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5
SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Series 2.5" 120GB
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD ST500DM002 500GB
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650W 80+ Bronze
Wifi card: INTELLINET Network Solutions 524810 PCI Wireless Card
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 12:58am
Try the following:

https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

Instead of putting the batter back in however, leave it out and try to turn on
without it. If it's bad it could be corrupting values in the UEFI. If the system
revives and gives you POST, replace the battery with a new one. They are readily
available from many sources, it's just a CR 2032, common in many devices. I can
even find them in my local supermarkets.

If it still won't POST reply here and we can see about other troubleshooting steps.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 2:28am
Pre-EFI Initialization (PEI) - memory initialization
code ranges:
0x10 up to 0x2F PEI execution up to and including memory detection

0x10 PEI Core is started
0x15 Pre-memory North Bridge initialization is started

northbridge is inside CPU
northbridge also contains memory controller
so either CPU or RAM related

try to check if there arent burnt marks on your CPU contact pads

Edited by kerberos_20 - 23 Feb 2022 at 2:31am
tylerajen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tylerajen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 3:58am
I tried this as well as a new battery, but no luck.
tylerajen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tylerajen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2022 at 4:02am
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

Pre-EFI Initialization (PEI) - memory initialization
code ranges:
0x10 up to 0x2F PEI execution up to and including memory detection

0x10 PEI Core is started
0x15 Pre-memory North Bridge initialization is started

northbridge is inside CPU
northbridge also contains memory controller
so either CPU or RAM related

try to check if there arent burnt marks on your CPU contact pads

I do not see any burn marks on the contact pads. They all look nice and shiny.
TheDon91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDon91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 5:23pm
I ran into this problem yesterday with the same motherboard, dust had built up in the RAM slots causing the board to cycle between error codes 10 and 15. I removed the RAM, dusted off the sticks themselves and thoroughly dusted out the RAM slots. I reinserted the RAM after dusting out the whole computer and it started up fine. Dust can cause a lot of problems, specially with ram. I hope this helps you out.
pikerpool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikerpool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 10:55pm
same thing , i tried it no luck !
tylerajen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tylerajen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 9:11am
Originally posted by TheDon91 TheDon91 wrote:

I ran into this problem yesterday with the same motherboard, dust had built up in the RAM slots causing the board to cycle between error codes 10 and 15. I removed the RAM, dusted off the sticks themselves and thoroughly dusted out the RAM slots. I reinserted the RAM after dusting out the whole computer and it started up fine. Dust can cause a lot of problems, specially with ram. I hope this helps you out.

I have dusted out everything and even switched the RAM around to different slots but no luck so far.
Wincent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 4:05pm
I have the same errors, addressed? but me because I put different values ?‹â€‹to the ram thinking that then a simple cmos would have been enough... ?¤¦
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic