ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A third SSD 2,5" drive isn't detected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hard_rock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A third SSD 2,5" drive isn't detected
    Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 5:17am
Hi!

I've got the two M.2 slots occupied (Ultra M.2 and M.2 SSD) on my Asrock motherboard - model B450 Pro4 R2.0. Two M.2 SSD's in NVMe type (Hynix 128GB and Samsung 980 1TB).

I want to connect a third SSD drive, but a different type, because I don't have any M.2 slot available anymore. So I'm using a 2,5" drive, that is connected to a SATA port with a proper cable + the second cable from the power supply (Molex <-> SATA). Yet in the end the drive isn't detected by the system (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit), nor in BIOS (v. 5.30). I've checked each of the 6 avaialble SATA ports on the mobo, yet none worked.

The 2,5" SSD is fine, because I had connected it to another PC, and it was detected.

I'd be grateful for any help.
hard_rock1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hard_rock1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 7:03pm
Oh and in BIOS when I go to "Advanced" tab there's:

- SATA port enable set to Enabled
- SATA mode set to AHCI
- SATA hot plug set to Disabled

- all other six SATA Port 1-4 and A1-A2 are showing "Not present" status - despite the 2,5" SSD being connected
spacednow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spacednow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 1:11pm
Are you rebooting into the OS every time you try a different port? Try enabling Hot Plug and boot into the OS, then try each port.
The more you learn the less you know.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic