ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Available power on PWM headers£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Available power on PWM headers£
    Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 10:09am
How much can I safely draw from each PWM header on the B550 Taichi? I'd like to use a pair of 0.55A fans and four 0.3A fans.
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 6:34pm
4 Pin fan header usually provides 1A.
But if I were you, I would not connect so many fabns to one header, there is a good chance, you burn out the fan controller chip.
Fans always have a longer life span, when they run on a fixed speed, just connect the to a Molex from the PSU, and use a resistor cable, also you can then use a splitter cable.
Multiple fanbs, on one header, is never a good idea.
Kind Regards
BerMM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerMM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 1:00am
Thanks. I should clarify. I have 3 pairs of fans, with each pair on its own header. The most power hungry pair is 1.1 amp total with the others at 0.6 amp per header. I could split the 1.1 amp pair to 0.55 amp per header if necessary.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic