ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't get over 100MBPS on B450M Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNA377 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't get over 100MBPS on B450M Pro4
    Posted: 27 May 2022 at 8:03am
I bought this pre-built PC that came with a B450M Pro4 motherboard and even though in the specs page it says PCIE x1 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s, I can't seem to get over 100MBPS on an Ethernet connection.

I'm positive it isn't the cable (it can handle the speed) or the modem (I'm getting 400MBPS+ on Wifi).

I've tried downloading the Realtek Lan driver ver:10050_07122021 and installing it but once I check the Ethernet stats (Win + R, ncpa.cpl) it still shows 100MBPS speed.

Not sure if it's just impossible to increase the ethernet port speed on the motherboard or I clearly don't know what I'm doing, or maybe both.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 8:54pm
Dear MNA377,

When the system is switched on, your modem and LAN chip negotiate the protocol, and speed.
Sometimes this is a compatibility issue between those 2, and a firmware update for the modem is required, this sometimes happens with Fritzbox.
Look at the online manual, becasue the lights on the LAN port, also show the selected speed.
You can try to set it to a fixed speed, or try half duplex of full duplex.
If possible put a gigabit switch in between
Kind Regards
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 8:57pm
Or try to make a bootable USB stick with Rufus, and create a USB stick with Ubuntu.
Start the system, press f11, and select the USB stick, to boot from.
You can run Ubuntu from the USB stick without installing.
If the speed is the same, it is hardware related, if not, software related
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic