ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [SOLVED] Fatal1ty 970 3.1 Cant install SO from USB
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] Fatal1ty 970 3.1 Cant install SO from USB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberto Gomes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] Fatal1ty 970 3.1 Cant install SO from USB
    Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:09am
Hi guys.
I bought a FX 9590 + fatal1ty 970 3.1 + watercooler corsair h110 so i could upgrade my PC.
The first problem was that my case doesn't support the cooler, but i managed to install the fans on top of my case, even being ugly it's working fine.

When i first turned on to install the OS from a USB drive it says there're isn't a USB, dvd cd with drivers to install the Windows.

I did update the BIOS.

I tried changing every single option at the storage configuration and at the boot order but it never Works. I'm able to boot from the USB, since the windows instalation screen appears but once i click OK it says that couldn't find the drivers to install.

Sorry for the english and typhos. Sending from the cellphone.

Edited by Alberto Gomes - 12 Apr 2016 at 10:39pm
Alberto Gomes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberto Gomes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:16am
Forgot To mention that the HD is a wdc wd10eads 65p6b0.

And it appears at the BIOS.

Edited by Alberto Gomes - 11 Apr 2016 at 8:21am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 1:01pm
You did not say which version of Windows you are trying to install, but I'm guessing it is Windows 7.

In the boot order list, what name do you see in the boot order for the USB flash drive you are using to install Windows?

It sounds like you are trying to install Windows 7 in UEFI mode, is that right?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberto Gomes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 6:38pm
Yes, it is win 7. Tried everything in the boot order. Disabling everything and letting only the usb Flash drive enable.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberto Gomes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:04pm
I'm at my office right now so i can't exactly remember what it says at the Boot Order, but appears 2 options with the USB flash drive, one that says USB UEFI (the name of my flash drive) and the other one with only USB (the name of my flash drive).

I tried using both to install but i'm only able to proceed to the Windows instalation screen when using the boot option that is not UEFI related.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberto Gomes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 10:35pm
[SOLVED]

For those who are having the same problem pay attention to which USB port you're using to install the SO.

It didn't recognize correctly when using the USB 3.0 (BLUE USB), so i just changed to the USB 2.0 (BLACK USB) and the OS appeared for me to install.

That's one way to correct the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic