ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - new build not POSTing. PSC indicates VGA problem
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new build not POSTing. PSC indicates VGA problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grchausse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new build not POSTing. PSC indicates VGA problem
    Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 4:34am

Motherboard: ASRock Z690 PG Riptide

CPU: Intel Core I7-12700K

RAM: GSkill ripjaw 32G (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 in slots A2/B2

GPU: GeForce RTX 3070ti

PSU: Thermaltake toughpower 850W

This is a brand new build. It's been a while since I built a new PC and am a bit rusty. The machine powers on but does not POST. The PSC lights are lit on VGA and Boot. The Boot light doesn't worry me as there is no boot disk installed yet on the hard drive, but there is no signal going to the monitor. I plugged the monitor into both the MB and the graphics card, and also swapped out a different known good (older) graphics card.
I also tried another power supply, pulled out one of the memory sticks, leaving one in the A2 slot, all with the same result.

I ended up returning the MB and got a new one, just taking a shot in the dark that was the problem, but the new MB is doing the same thing.

At this point I'm not sure if I'm just an idiot and am overlooking a simple solution or if there's some other bad part (like maybe the cpu?) that I can't really test.

Thanks in advance for any help
grchausse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grchausse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 4:50am
There was a suggestion on another forum that maybe not having a boot drive was stopping the MB from POSTing all the way and causing both the Boot light and the VGA light to light up.
I plugged in a bootable thumb drive every USB port I have but nothing changed at all.
Without being able to access the BIOS, I don't even know if any of the USB ports are bootable, so I don't know if that was a useful test or not.
But nevertheless, my problem persists and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic