ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550M steel legend a1 and a2 slots not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550M steel legend a1 and a2 slots not working
    Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 11:02pm
Dear Sallocha,

The memory controlelr is Not on the board, but integrated in the CPU, and there is a direct link, between the pins of the CPU, and the contacts in the memory slots.
Please check if all CPU pins are okay.
If A1 and A2 keep feiling (actually the memory should be in A2 B2 for dual channel)
It is either a defective board, of a defective CPU, and you should contact your dealer, and send in both.
Warranty, is always, between seller and buyer, some dealers, tell otherwise, but that is not how warranty works under EU laws
Kind Regards
sallocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sallocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 11:13pm
Hello guys,

Im new to this forum and I need help.

Few months ago I have bought B550M Steel Legend. Default BIOS was 1.8. My CPU was 5600G, had one module of Kingston Fury 3600mhz 8 GB, M2 nwme 3.0, win 11, and no GPU. It was temporary build.
RAM module was inserted in b2 slot and it worked fine.

Recently I have bought Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x16 GB 3200. Same day I have sold Kingston RAM.
I have put new RAM in a2-b2 for dual channel. Both of modules light up, rgb is working but BIOS is recognizing only b2 module, not the a2.
Than I updated BIOS to recent one, 2.3 I think, and it wont even post with modules in dual channel combination.

After few days of trials I have found:
- both modules work, post and boot win fine in b1 and b2, both separately and combined
- neither modules work in a1 or a2, both separately and combined. System wont even get to BIOS post, 2 red LED lights are constantly lit for RAM and CPU.
- both modules RGB is working when they are inserted in a1 and a2, case fans are spinning and glowing, MOBO RBG also works
- Modules inserted in b1 and b2 both work, post and boot win separately and combined.
After every try I have powered down my system, pulled out the power cord, cleared CMOS
Than I have borrowed one single RAM module, Corsair vengenace 3200 mhz, and got same results. Its not working in a1 and a2, working fine in b1 and b2.

Its like a1 and a2 slots dont work.
Any ideas?
TNX guys.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic