ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B660 Pro RS / Corsair Vengeance - Red DRAM light
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B660 Pro RS / Corsair Vengeance - Red DRAM light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B660 Pro RS / Corsair Vengeance - Red DRAM light
    Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 8:28pm
Hi there!

I've recently built a new PC, but I don't get it to boot. The MB shows a red DRAM light.

All (power)connections should be fine, I've installed the RAM in the A2 / B2 slots but also tried A1/B1.

The RGB lights on the RAM (as well as on the fans) work just fine, but I am only getting a black screen and can't even get to the bios.

Already unplugged it, pulled the CMOS battery for a few minutes, but also to no effect.

I'm using the following specs:

- ASRock B660 pro RS
- 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (CMW16X4M2C3200C16W)
- Intel i5 12400F
- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060
- be quiet 400W
- Samsung 980 m.2 SSD

I know the PSU is a bit underwhelming, but I've seen this system run. Insufficient power should be the problem - at least not while booting.

I don't have spare RAM to test, so that is - at the moment - not an option.

Any solution I could try?

Thx in advance!
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 11:22pm
Try the board outside the chassis, with 1 memory module and of course CPU and graphics card.
Also check the pins in the CPU socket, and if possible another monitor and cable, and use a wired USB keyboard and mouse.
Also remove the M.2, so just the board.
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic