ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

HDD Not being detected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canfgq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HDD Not being detected
    Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 3:14am
Recently, my HDD has been running at 100% all the time. So I uninstalled steam and every launcher of games I had on my PC because I thought something was constantly loading in the background but no. That was not the case. If I tried to update or open any app on my HDD It would just go at 100%. So I thought maybe reconnecting It would help. It didn't. The only thing that helped with is ruining my sata 3 cable. So I went out and bought a new cable and a new HDD (I bought the cable today and the HDD yesterday on the time this was posted) And I reconnected everything hoping It would work but It didn't. I tried all the sata ports on my motherboard and none would work. I even tried my old HDD and It didn't even recognize it. I looked at disk management. Nothing there. I looked at device manager. Nothing popping up there. I tried looking through my bios. It didn't even detect it there. I honestly don't know what to do at this point. I even reverted back to a restore point that is 1 month old and It didn't work. I'm considering a PC reset but I have to back everything up first since I have important stuff. Can somebody please tell me what to do If they experienced this type of issue?

My motherboard is a Z97 Anniversary. It's quite old.
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 10:26pm
Dear canfgq,

Please use tghe technical support form, and provide the hardware details
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
When using gmail, check your spam folder for replies.
Some harddisks have a power saving feature, when you connect a standard SATA power cable from you PSU, in some cases the disk, doesn't even spin up, then yiou can fix it by using a Molex to SATA convertor cable
hen you hold the HDD in your hand you can feel if it's spinning because of the gyroscopiuc effect
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic