ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No diagnostic beeps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No diagnostic beeps
    Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 6:38am
Having trouble with a B450M Pro4 that won't boot. No video and weird USB (keyboard/mouse) behaviour. Frustratingly I'm not getting any diagnostic beeps (I have a speaker connected to the spk pinouts). I had read that the default setting in the bios is for the beeps to be disabled. If so, how do I enable them without access to the bios? Or is this board just fully fried?

Have gone through the full list of diagnostic steps including a hard cmos reset and swapped most components.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 11:02pm
What are the specs (including PSU model)?
Is this a new issue on a previously working system or a new build?
What (if anything) caused the issue?
jdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 11:54am
New build. PSU is known good. Tried multiple GPUs. CPU and ram could theoretically be bad but confused as to how they'd cause the symptoms seen here.

Base question though: why am I not getting any beep codes? Are they indeed turned off by default? (I get the boot beep being off but diagnostic beeps in case of a fault should really always be on).
miffril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miffril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 5:00am
You PC restarts every 30 seconds or so?
jdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 2:20pm
Nope, never starts at all, and no apparent restart cycle. Looking like it may be an RMA. Still confused as to why no beep codes though.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2022 at 3:39pm
Generally no beep codes = bad. As far as I am aware the "disabled" setting in the
BIOS only disables the POST beep. Errors should still cause a beep code.
jdk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 3:25am
Thanks for that Xaltar. Definitely confirms there's something wrong with the board itself then.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic