ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 Steel Legend and RAM timings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptselios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 Steel Legend and RAM timings
    Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 3:07pm
Hello,
I have a Steel Legend B550 with Ryzen 7 5700G and 32GB RAM
The RAM is 2x16GB Vengeance LPX 3600.

However, it looks like if I manually setup RAM to 3200 (the maximum supported by the CPU) the PC is not turned on and I have the CPU and RAM red LEDs turned on.
I also tried to set it to 2400 or 2666 or 2933, still nothing worked.

Resetting the UEFI/BIOS to defaults and having the RAM to Auto, results to a speed of 2133Mhz, which is way too slow for a DDR4 in 2022! It's slower from my AMD 2700 setup on an MSI 470 with 64GB RAM, which runs at 2400 (the dimm's speed).

What I am doing wrong? How can I setup the speed to the maximum supported by the CPU speed (3200)?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 5:17pm
Dear Ptselios,
Thank you for the posting.

I would like to provide some suggestions for you to verify the system.

1. Clear CMOS by referring to user manual page. 27 and then only enable XMP Profile to test.
User manual: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B550%20Steel%20Legend.pdf
2. Only install CPU, PSU, Cooler, RAM, Graphic card to try.
3. Install one stick RAM on each slots by turns to repeat suggestion 2 to check if the problem relates to specific RAM stick or slot.

For further assistance, you can use our support form to contact us.
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
vnikola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vnikola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 6:43pm
Hi PTselios,

I am a fellow AsRock owner of this B550 "Steel Legend" which gives me a headache!!! Regarding the issue with the RAM (I have the same issue as well) I have a slightly better answer (I got from AsRock Tech Support) if the one provided is not fully satisfying you.

Your memory specs from Corsair states that it operates at "SPD Speed: 2133MHz" (https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK32GX4M2D3600C18#tab-tech-specs). This is the default DRAM frequency. If you want io achieve higher speeds make sure of the following:

>> Please make sure that the RAM is installed in slots A2 and B2 (2nd and 4th slot from the CPU).
>> In BIOS > OC Tweaker, please select the XMP profile for your RAM (not the ?œAuto??setting).

Best Regards,

P.S. Do you have any issues with the sound card by any chance???

Originally posted by ptselios ptselios wrote:

Hello,
I have a Steel Legend B550 with Ryzen 7 5700G and 32GB RAM
The RAM is 2x16GB Vengeance LPX 3600.

However, it looks like if I manually setup RAM to 3200 (the maximum supported by the CPU) the PC is not turned on and I have the CPU and RAM red LEDs turned on.
I also tried to set it to 2400 or 2666 or 2933, still nothing worked.

Resetting the UEFI/BIOS to defaults and having the RAM to Auto, results to a speed of 2133Mhz, which is way too slow for a DDR4 in 2022! It's slower from my AMD 2700 setup on an MSI 470 with 64GB RAM, which runs at 2400 (the dimm's speed).

What I am doing wrong? How can I setup the speed to the maximum supported by the CPU speed (3200)?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic