ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PC not starting after adding new M.2 SSD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ESChestnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022 at 5:32am
After plugging it into another computer, I was able to see that it was not defective. I had to reformat it, but it still doesn't work on my PC. I'm going to try to find a way to install Windows onto it and see if the problem is my PC trying to boot through it. Not sure what else to do.
Cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 6:01pm
I too have the same problem right now with a crucial p3 ssd and it works fine on my laptop
spankymcjedi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spankymcjedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 9:18am
Did we ever find a solution to this one? I recently tried putting a crucial 1tb into the m2_1 slot on my b450 mobo and it also hangs at post. Even tried it in a PCIE nvme adapter and got the same result.
Lx00n.sh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lx00n.sh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 2:20am
I have the same problem here with same hardware:

- X470 Taichi P3.60
- Cucial P3 M.2 1TB Pcie Gen 3x4 2280
- Ryzen 5 3400G

POST stuck with Dr.Debug-Code "0d" while NVMe is plugged in M2_1 or M2_2 (no card in PCIe5). Even a CMOS-Reset is not working. Also no other PCIe/USB-Devices are connected...

I read the BIOS-FW Changelog but nothing seams to be affected to NVMe compatibility ...

Is there a BIOS-update in progress ?
wolf2021k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolf2021k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2023 at 4:44am
I have the same problem:

Different hardware though,

-B450M Pro4
-Crucial P3 M.2 1TB PCIE Gen3x4 2280
-Ryzen 5 2600X
-Radeon RX580
-BIOS 3.50

Current Bootdrive is Crucial P1 M.2 500GB PCIE Gen3x4 2280, which I want to replace with the above mentioned P3.
After Removing the Crucial P1 and installing the P3 on the same slot the PC stops in at the Bootscreen, and I am unable to even enter Bios, it does not react on any keyboard inputs.
Lx00n.sh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lx00n.sh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:18pm
Obviously there will not be a Bios-Fix to this issue ...

This is obviously a incompatibility between this module and Mainboard or CPU.

I Solved this issue by buying another NVMe SSD, which is in the "Module Support List". (Of cause the List in Mainboard-Manual is out dated. Use the asrock web-page : https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X470%20Taichi/index.de.asp#Memory )

I used the WD-Black which costs round about 50??more than the "Crucial P3" ( or similar to another WD-Black 1TB NVMe-SSD with same Specification [but other Module-Discription] and price like the Crucial .. wtf ?!).

FYI: I also Tested the "Cucial P3 M.2 1TB Pcie Gen 3x4 2280" with a USB3 10Gbps Adapter (JMicron-IC) on another PC without success. But with an passive M.2 to PCIe on a Gigabyte-Mainboard with PCIe2, the Cucial-SSD works ...
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:53pm
Yeah, when you see QVL lists for a type of hardware on motherboard websites you
know there are compatibility issues with that kind of hardware. NVMe SSDs are not
a one size fits all thing unfortunately. I suspect in a few more generations we will
see more conformity and standardization but for now, you need to check the support
list for your board.
astronomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astronomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 5:33am
I think I'm having the same problem. MB is B550M-HDV, with AMD Ryzen 3, 8GB DDR4, and.... a Silicon Power 256GB NVMe M.2.PCIe 2280 SSD. I cannot get the slightest sign of initial bootup... this are all new components.

I did replace the M.2 SSD with a SATA hard drive, and again not one flicker of anything on the monitor. I have swapped out RAM, power supply, and this is the second CPU I've tried (first was a Ryzen 5). I cannot get to BIOS. I have Windows 11 on USB, initial installment. Many thanks, David
Bjorkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bjorkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 7:34pm
I have the same problem, i just bought a Crucial P3 plus yesterday. It works fine at the shop that I purchased it. But when I installed it on my B450m, it just get stuck on the motherboard screen. How do I resolve this?
astronomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astronomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 11:30pm
I discovered that the ASRock webpage has a section that lists SSD's that are compatible with the B550M-HDV. I settled on a Crucial SATA SSD "guaranteed to be compatible" and have ordered it to try. I had planned to use a M.2, but will now settle for a SATA SSD. I should know by next week sometime.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic