ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 ITX Second memory slot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 ITX Second memory slot
    Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 5:44pm
The memory controller is integrated in the CPU, it is NOT on the baord, and there is a direct connection, between pins in the socket, and contacts in the memory slots.
Please check the pins on your CPU, and if the problem persists, contact your dealer for replacement, and also return your CPU.
This way, you can elliminate both from the equation
Kind Regards
Lofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2022 at 2:37pm
Hello,

I have a X570 Phantom Gaming TB3 ITX with a ryzen 5 3350GE, and the system works fine, except for the memory (2x16gb).
The bios detects correctly my two memory modules, windows detects them as well, but choses to use only one (it marks 16.1gb as "hardware reserved").

I tried to swap the modules, same outcome. I tested each module alone in the A1 slot, both memory modules are fine and are used ok by windows.
However when i try each module alone in the second slot (I believe it is B1), then the machine goes in a startup/shutdown loop, never even posting a startup screen. It just keeps on restarting for ever.

I have updated the bios to the latest, The proc is a picasso, the memory is 3200 Mhz from Crucial. I tried to find inconsistencies on the second slot itself, but it seems fine. Anyone has an idea of what to do ? thank you very much for your help !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic