ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No video signal on H310CM-HDV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No video signal on H310CM-HDV
    Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 9:31pm
Did you test the board on the cardboard box, with only CPU, Cooler (please check the pins in the CPU socket before placing the cooler on top of the CPU, and don't tighten it too much, I often test without tighening the screws, just for test
And connect another PSU, both 8Pin CPU power, and 24Pin ATX power.
It is best to use a USB keyboard and mouse, not a wireless, and use only 1 memory module, and of course the monitor.
When you briefly short circuit the 2 Pwr Button pins with a metal object, give it same time to start
You must use Non ECC Unbuffered memory, ECC, will give the same problem
Or use the support form
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp
When using gmail, check your spam folder
Kind Regards
smayner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smayner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2022 at 2:29am
Just built a new test bench using the H310CM-HDV motherboard. The problem I am having as that when I boot up the unit there is no video signal going to the monitor. I did basic troubleshooting of switching out monitors and cables so that can be eliminated. All the parts are identical to those listed and used in a YouTube video guide explaining this setup, so theoretically it should work fine. I followed every step exactly. The only other theory I have working based on a tip from a Discord group is that my CPU is a Celeron G4930 and the ASROCK website says that this CPU has only been verified with BIOS version P4.10. The BIOS on my mobo is P4.20. So I have sourced a CPU that is shown as "All" in the verified BIOS column of the list, which again in theory should eliminate BIOS incompatibility with the CPU as an issue.

My question to the group: Before I go buy another CPU is there something more obvious I should check first? I've traced all cables from the power supply to the appropriate slots on the board to make sure they were seated, checked the seating of my RAM (in slot A1), all the typical stuff. The unit powers up just as expected, the power supply fan and CPU fans are working, the power LED is on, it's just that the monitor continues to display "no signal" and never gets the flash page from the BIOS.

All suggestions welcomed!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic