ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B450M Pro4, iGPU as second, turn it on£ DGPU Issue
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Pro4, iGPU as second, turn it on£ DGPU Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j19861986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Pro4, iGPU as second, turn it on£ DGPU Issue
    Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 2:24am
Hi
I want to turn on iGPU on while I have a Dedicated GPU on.
I want it, because I need my iGPU to work on DTV (DVB-T). While I Game on Dedicated GPU.
Is it possible to turn on iGPU 5600G on while DGPU 6750XT is on?

The problem/issue is written down here when using iGPU as first
I don't want to have iGPU as a first on. Because then Elder Scrolls Online can't put Dedicated turned on this game, it always uses first GPU, and cannot change that.

There maybe other games that have this issue.

Is there any ways to turn iGPU on while dGPU is first?
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 7:01pm
When a discrete graphics card is inserted, usually the built in graphics (in the CPU, not on the board anymore) are disabled to free up RAM memory.
In the BIOS, likely under Advanced>>AMD CBS>>NBIO Common options>> GFX configuration, the Integrated graphics controller is usually set to Auto, andf hasa to be set to Forces, and UMA Specified, and you have to define a size in MB's.
This way the onboard will stay active.
Because this is part of the Agesa code that AMD creates, it can be that the option is in a different part of the BIOS.
The basics is, to disable this auto setting, and defince the size of the RAM memory that is being used.
Feel free to share with other users, and please mention the BIOS version
Kind Regards
j19861986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j19861986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 7:07pm
Nice explanation.
I got p4.50 as version of bios.
But Windows says error on hardware iGPU (On device manager says the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
But I kinda like the iGPU as media worker. And dGPU as gaming.
Dunno, if there any solutions to this?
j19861986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j19861986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 7:07pm
Ah, version is p5.40...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic