ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help to Raid0 2x NVMe with B550m

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clovis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help to Raid0 2x NVMe with B550m
    Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 9:14pm
Hello, i need helop to manage how to raid0 my two nvme with B550m Steel Legend.

1 - My Bios Version is 2.00, but i already checked with 2.20 and 2.30 w/o any changes in options which will be described here.

2 - Actually i have ONLY storage both m2 nvme one with 512gb and another one with 1tb (as you can see in first image) and i know if raid0 i'll not be able to use the 2nd one 1tb.

P.S: Actually the 512gb m2 nvme have windows10 installed on it, but it isn't a problem to sanitize/format it.

Indeed i would raid) with both nvme formated and then install windows 10 after merge both.

3 - After Change Sata mode from AHCI to RAID in Advance\storage config and save it... when pc restard and i enter BIOS again, it enables RAIDXperx2 config utility

4 - When access RAIDXpert2 there's 3 options, one = Create Arry (which i should select my nvmes to "merge" it), but all three options isn't clickeable and it's with gray color, so i cant proceed.

5 - Through tutorials, as far i could see, after step3, inside storage config, usually appear some option to change from UEFI to legacy, but mine keeps with those two options inside Storage config (Sata mode and Sata hotplug).

6 - The only place where i found something to change from UEFI to legacy was inside boot pallet, then CSM compability, then there's Lauch PXE OpROM Policy and lauch Storage OpRom Policy...

But idk if in my mobo i need to change those in this path.

Anyway, there's a step by step tutorial to manage it properly please?

Below a link where you can see the prints of my bios according to items listed.

https://imgur.com/a/HqkVN4A

TY in advance

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 2:00pm
Dear Clovis,
Thank you for the posting.

To build RAID on ASRock B550 Motherboard, we suggest to refer to the manual from below link.

RAID Installation Guide: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/RAID/B550M%20Pro4/English.pdf

For further assistance, you can use our support form to contact us.
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic