ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingston FURY Beast DDR5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingston FURY Beast DDR5
    Posted: 15 Sep 2022 at 11:56pm
HI
I'm just about to build my 1st Pc, I'd like to use a ASRock Z690 TAICHI as my Mobo, would I be ok to use Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 32GB 5600MT/s DDR5 with this board, I think It should be ok but just wanted to check it compatible.https://forum.asrock.com/smileys/smiley2.gif

Thanks In Advance
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 10:10pm
Basically any DDR5 should work, but besides Crucial and Samsung, most other manufacturers are only assemblers, who buy PCB's and chips from Samsung, Micron, Hynix, Elpida, Spectek, Nanya and others.
But there is a huge shortage of chips, meaning these assemblers buy anything they can lay their hands on, and solder that onto the PCB, which at itself is not a problem, but they keep reusing the partnumbers over and over, sometimes they have 512MB chips of brand A, next batch use 1GB chips of brand B, all sold under the same partnumber.
in DDR3 time, Kingston was always working, in DDR4 time, I'd rather not recommend them, and had the best results with patriot Viper kits, who somehow, always worked.
DDR5 is a new era.
The memory controller is integrated in the CPU, it is NOT on the board,. and on the 12th gen CPU, is running optmal at 3200MHz with DDR4, and 4800MHz for DDR5
The sepcs underneath are copied from the Intel ARK website
Up to DDR5 4800 MT/s
Up to DDR4 3200 MT/s
With DDr3, and DDR4, it didn't matter if you would overclock, above the speed of the internal memory controller, only a synthetic memory banchmark would show betetr results, but it would not do anything for the overall performance, that is really a hype.
I don't know yet if DDR5 is any different, also XMP profiles, are overclocking for dummies, it should work with thousands of combinations of motherboards, CPU, and chipsets, AMD as well as Intel, but it is not guarranteed to work.
Often people blame the motherboard, but it is the combination of CPU, chipset and memory, and fo course sometimes a BIOS update

So you can try any brand, they all should work, as long as it is Non ECC, Unbuffered (desktop) memory.
The QVL'son the website, is only what has been tested, it doesn't guarantee anything, since chips are constantly changing
Kind Regards
WhiteFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 11:42pm
Thanks for that it was very helpful
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic