ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Wont POST Warm Boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Wont POST Warm Boot
    Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 8:04pm
Hi everyone, how are you guys doing?

I'm here to ask you guys if you have this issue before and if you got any clue in what to do in my situation.

I recently build my computer with brand new parts (a few from aliexpress), and this is the first time building a PC from scratch after many years.

My specifications:

MOBO: Asrock b660m ITX/ac
CPU: i5 12400
RAM: 2x16GB 2666Mhz HX426C16FB/16
SSD: Netac m.2 1TB
GPU: RX 6600m
PSU: Corsair SF750

Without the GPU plugged, the system boots and reboots all the times without any problems, everything works at it should be, the system posts and the OS loads and I can use the PC without issues.

But the issue is happening when I'm with the GPU plugged in the PCIe slot, the system only posts on the cold boot, i mean: if the computer is 100% off and I click the power on switch it woks great! But if I reboot the system from the OS or even from the BIOS it gets stuck on the American MegaTrends splash screen with the code "A0" in the bottom right.

The fan spins, the SSD light turn on, there area video signail, the pc don't shut down, it just freezes and I can't press del to enter bios, it is 100% stuck.

To be able to boot and POST, I got press and hold the power button in the case for a few seconds, and when I power it back on again it works just fine as nothing happened.

When I look at the Windows Events, it says that the fast startup failed due to a device was not ready with code 0xc0000001.

I think it is a BIOS issue (I already upgraded it for the latest version released on September 29, but the issue was also happening with the stock version, I just upgraded trying to fix the issue)

It might be some misconfiguration on BIOS. I already changed the Primary Graphics Adapter to PCIE1, but the issue keeps happening.

Any clue in what should I do?
Laf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 8:46pm
I forgot to mention in the thread that I also already cleared the CMOS, loaded default settings, and nothing seems to fix my issue

Here you can see where the system freezes:

bjlockie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bjlockie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 1:18am
Try turning off fastboot in the BIOS.
ASRock B450M Pro4
16 GB DDR4, 500 watt PS, AMD Ryzen-5 5600, NVidia GTX-1050, 5.70 BIOS
Laf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 3:48am
Thank you for your suggestion, but it was already disabled at Boot and Security.

And good news, I just find out the problem: I had to enable the Compatibility Support Module (CSM) and after that everything was working just fine.

Thank you :)
bjlockie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjlockie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 4:41am
>I had to enable the Compatibility Support Module (CSM) and after that everything was working just fine.

I upgraded my CPU and BIOS and found I don't need CSM.
I did before.
I don't know what it does. :-)
ASRock B450M Pro4
16 GB DDR4, 500 watt PS, AMD Ryzen-5 5600, NVidia GTX-1050, 5.70 BIOS
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 11:03pm
CSM = Compatibility Support Module

Basically it enables legacy support for certain hardware and software configurations.
It has become less relevant in recent years and isn't needed in most configs today.
It can cause issues if you had it enabled when you installed your OS then disable
it afterwards and the same the other way around.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic