ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

When AM5 DeskMini£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeskMiniAM5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When AM5 DeskMini£
    Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 6:35pm
When can a DeskMini AM5 Socket release be approximately be expected?

If you plan to use the A620 chipset, this only says somewhere in "2023": en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socket_AM5#Chipsets

Would the B650 chipset be too much?

Also, can the A620 chipset use Eco Mode? Eco Mode with Ryzen 7000 is very useful. AMD should went with Eco Mode by default almost: When Eco Mode is enabled, the performance is like 10% less, but also consuming like 50% less energy!

Just don't make us users wait 9-12 months for the upcoming Deskmini AM5.

Edited by Xaltar - 11 Oct 2022 at 1:41pm
DeskMiniAM5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeskMiniAM5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 7:05pm
Since all AM5 CPUs have a built-in iGPU/display output now, I think the market for an AM5 DeskMini is bigger.

Another option/suggestion would be an AM5 mini-STX board (maybe comes with an AM5 DeskMini release anyway then).
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 10:33pm
I doubt ASRock will reply with any kind of confirmation or date. They don't post
on here very often and when they do it's typically in response to user issues. They
are also subject to NDAs and such regarding unreleased/in development products.
On occasion, as moderator here, I sometimes get a bit of info early. About the
same time as reviewers do but I haven't heard anything about AM5 and DeskMini.

I am right there with you, the AM5 platform will be perfect for small form factor
implementations. I have always loved SFF setups. It should be interesting to see
how they pull it off. ASRock have always been good with innovative SFF designs.
DeskMiniAM5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeskMiniAM5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 1:11am
Yeah, I'm not expecting that they reveal anything of course, until it's suddenly announced (or some leaks a month/weeks before). Nor do I expect them ro read here for suggestions, which I still will provide:

I was gonna write that a limit to, say, 65W TDP, like the DeskMini A300/X300, would be not as good as say 105W TDP, but the 7700X performs very good even at 65W TDP: In single core even at 45W TDP Eco Mode it still reaches 100% performance compared to its original 105W TDP and in multi-core, limited to 65W TDP, is reaches about 90% of the performance compared to 105W TDP. Very impressive. My feedback would be that I still would like a support for over 65W TDP, namely to 105W TDP (or of course up to the original 170W TDP for the 7900X and 7950X parts). Make it 2.5 liters, and/or add more layers to the mainboard, and increase the price a bit if necessarily, so that you can at least reach the 105W. 105W because Eco Mode for the 170W parts would be not nice if only 65W TDP would be supported. Personally for me 105W support would be enough, but I have nothing against 170W, of course. Also I'd like the height to be increased by 2-5cm so that a bigger fan can be fit (unless 170W support at 2 liters is still no problem). I like the current industrial look of the DeskMini 300, so no change required there.

Also why 105W support: For most games 6 cores/12 threads are still enough, so I'm not sure if AMD is going to release the 7900G and 7950G CPUs, but 7600G and 7700G hopefully. Depending when the G series are going to be released, they could hopefully come even with the upcoming RDNA3 iGPU (the desktop parts will be officially announced and available? at 3. of November, I think). Even more people would want a small gaming PC then. To be honest, for me, only if the G series are faster than the already longer available 680M/12CUs RDNA2 mobile parts would I be interested in them. I hope they will be something like 24CUs RDNA3 parts, haha.

Alright, I think that's it.
DeskMiniAM5-2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeskMiniAM5-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 3:59am
PS: Would be nice if you could change the '£' to '?' in the title, don't know how I mistyped that.
bjlockie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjlockie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:57am
Originally posted by DeskMiniAM5-2 DeskMiniAM5-2 wrote:

PS: Would be nice if you could change the '£' to '?' in the title, don't know how I mistyped that.

You probably didn't mistype it.
I swear it changed on my post. :-)
ASRock B450M Pro4
16 GB DDR4, 500 watt PS, AMD Ryzen-5 5600, NVidia GTX-1050, 5.70 BIOS
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 2:41pm
It's a bug with the forum code, I keep getting ASRock to fix it but it comes back
every time there is a forum update. It seems to only effect the title.
AspiringFool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AspiringFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 3:22am
Originally posted by DeskMiniAM5 DeskMiniAM5 wrote:

Another option/suggestion would be an AM5 mini-STX board (maybe comes with an AM5 DeskMini release anyway then).

I second this.
Chuck M.
AspiringFool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AspiringFool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 3:42am
Did any of you see this?

https://tinyurl.com/2hrt6m6r
Chuck M.
yun1534 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yun1534 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 6:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic