ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

3-pin AIO pump speed adjustable in BIOS£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galactic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3-pin AIO pump speed adjustable in BIOS£
    Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 3:12am
First to say, I have no experience with AIO, but would like to buy one. Now I see in the BIOS of my motherboard (ASRock B660M-ITX/ac) that I do have a 4-pin header (No. 4 in manual = Chassis/Waterpump Fan Connector (CHA_FAN1/WP).

Although the AIO set I would like to buy comes with a 3-PIN connector. I know I could plugin into my 4-pin but if I'm not mistaking it will run continuously at 100% and that is what I would really like to avoid actually.

I have seen some options to set things like DC mode etc... the question is, will I be able in any way to adjust the voltage / amperage of the header once the pump would be plugged in, so I can make sure it will run only at 40-50-60% of the full speed? Or are there other options to do so with a 3-pin pump connector?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 4:38am
I am not sure about your board but all my ASRock boards with a pump header support
DC voltage control. I typically run my pump at 100%. There are many different
opinions on what works best/lasts longest however. All I know for sure is my
AIO is 5 years old and still going strong.

Edited by Xaltar - 10 Oct 2022 at 4:39am
Galactic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galactic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 4:30pm
Yes, so if I understand it correctly, you could decrease the voltage on the port to let's say 8 volts so the pump will be let's say +- 60%.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 8:17pm
Yes, in DC mode the board regulates voltage rather than relying on PWM.
Galactic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galactic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 8:56pm
Alright, I'll do it that way, thanks for the help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic