ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Taichi crashes / reboots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote izeball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 3:25am
For me the 1.11 AS3 beta bios is a little bit better. After hibernate it only crashes sometime. Still hope another update will fix it for good.
Akriant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akriant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 4:07am
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Dear All,
Thank you for the posting.

For this case, could you please try below suggestions to verify the system?
1. Clear CMOS by pressing the CLR CMOS button after removing the 24 pin ATX power cable.
2. Keep BIOS setting default and only install CPU, PSU, Cooler, RAM, GPU, System disk to test.
3. Remove the GPU and output the graphics by iGPU to test.
4. Reinstall a clean OS to verify.
5. Please go to BIOS\Advance\AMD CBS\CPU Common Options to set [Global C-state
Control] to [Disable] to try.

If the issue persist, could you please help to check if the system shows any error code or it just shutdown automatically?

Thank you,

Bets wihshes,
ASRock TSD

1. Tried it 3 times. Didn't help.
2. Tried it multiple times. Didn't help
3. System works with iGPU when no video card is plugged in. No black screens.
4. Tried it twice. Didn't help
5. Tried it. Didn't help.

Tried multiple video cards - the moment card goes into the system - boom, black screens on cold boot here I come. Something is definitely wrong with the bios settings in the mobo. Video card works fine in my other rig.

Akriant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akriant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 4:08am
Originally posted by jmpatchin80 jmpatchin80 wrote:

I have tried all of this. System only crashes when the computer is cold from sitting off for a few hours. It boots into windows and runs for up to five minutes then the screen goes black and the computer restarts. After restart everything runs fine and I can do multiple tests with no errors. It only does it after the system is physically cold. I did discover that this does not happen on the BIOS version 1.07. All bios after this one are effected. I also notice that the bus reads 100mhz before it crashes then after reboot it reads 99mhz. The windows logs report a tdr failure from driver nvlddmkm.sys. It happens on my 3070ti, 2080 and on amd IGPU. It definitely is something wrong in the bios. Maybe investigate what is different about bios 1.07 that does not cause this issue to happen. I have tried all the bios up to the recent beta from 11/4. It seems whatever was changed to support the 4000 series broke something with the graphics in general.

Pretty much this.
Akriant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akriant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 5:05am
Tried 1.11.AS03[Beta]. Got the same "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." on cold boot. Looked at Post Codes - they are random, as usual.

Rolled back to 1.07. It doesn't let me boot into bios with my 4090 (this is not an issue with 1.09 and so on) but since I installed Nvidia drivers once Windows loads drivers kick in and image appears, so I can navigate in-windows with 1.07 no problem. We'll see if the cold boot issue persists. Will update in the next 24h.
Akriant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akriant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 4:27am
1.07 bios use update:

1. Crashes - gone. No longer black screens on cold boot. Solid as a rock.
2.ASROCK logo doesn't appear at all, it's no signal on the monitor till Windows 11 loads. But, if I mash "delete" button from the start then I can get into bios/

Conclusion: Whatever Asrock's software engineers did to improve compatibility with RX 4090 cards also created this mess.

Please fix the bios.

Thanks,

Akriant.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 12:16pm
Dear All,
Thank you for the reply.

We modified a BIOS 1.11.AS05 which enhance the system stability for you, please test it.

BIOS: 1.11.AS05: https://download.asrock.com/TSD/Desktop/BIOS/X670ETC1.11.AS05.ROM.zip

If the issue persist, please help to check which code is showed on the debug led when the system crashed.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
Akriant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akriant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Dear All,
Thank you for the reply.

We modified a BIOS 1.11.AS05 which enhance the system stability for you, please test it.

BIOS: 1.11.AS05: https://download.asrock.com/TSD/Desktop/BIOS/X670ETC1.11.AS05.ROM.zip

If the issue persist, please help to check which code is showed on the debug led when the system crashed.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD

Will give it a spin.

For the record - not a single crash since reverting back to 1.07.

Hopefully this one will do the trick and we'll have best of both worlds.

Will update once I get a few cold boots in.
jmpatchin80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmpatchin80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 6:32am
I downloaded 1.11.AS05 and flashed it this morning before work. I then shut off my computer and let it sit for almost 8 hours to make sure it was sitting long enough to crash on first boot. I booted up my PC when I got home and it has not crashed. Everything works as expected. It looks like you guys nailed the issue with whatever was modified in the supplied bios. I will continue to monitor it but I can all ready tell this helped fix the crashing issues I was having. Thanks for the quick attention and have a great day!
Akriant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akriant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 3:05am
1.1.AS05 fixed the issue. Thanks!
izeball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote izeball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 6:54pm
For me the 1.11 AS05 also fixed the problems with the start after hibernating the Windows 10 system. So far it came up after several hibernates.
I won't install AS06 and wait for the next non-beta release.
Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic