ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Support For B550AM Gaming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamuraiX23X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Support For B550AM Gaming
    Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 7:15am
I've tried to find support for this board but it says nothing found. The board says B550AM but the A is a upside down V. I just wanted to check and see if the board have a new bios for 5000 series. Also to see what usb to use to install it.

The board is a few years old. It was running a 3700x. I want to put in a 5600x and sell it. I'd hate to buy a new motherboard.

Also this came out of a Cyber Power prebuilt. It's about the only thing that was okay with the computer. Besides the 3700x.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, SamuraiX23X
Chris
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 3:40pm
Contact ASRock Tech Support and ask them:
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

CyberPower had boards made for them that are not quite the same as any of ASRock's
production models.
SamuraiX23X View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamuraiX23X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 8:26am
I tried using it. Still says motherboard not found. Couldn't complete the form that you gave me. That's why I'm in here. I've tried damn near everything. I figured this would happen. Damn Cyberpower lol
Chris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamuraiX23X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 8:53am
I put in a support ticket for the B550m ac. Which is the closest board in looks and IO. I will see if I happen to get lucky. If I do. I will write it down here for future use.
Chris
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 3:22pm
Yeah, that's your best bet. CyberPower is meant to support these boards with updates
etc but they tend to not do a great job of it. Picking the closest model and submitting
is usually the way to go.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamuraiX23X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 6:13am
I'm going to have to get a 2000/3000 series processor and update from there. Unfortunately ASRock said we don't support the board that I mentioned. I'll load up bios. With a friends processor and update from there. Kind of a pain but, not the end of the world.

Recently purchased a X570 Taichi for a decent price. You can bios update without a processor. Wish the B550AM Gaming board was as easy as that.

Thank you for your help!
Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic