ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X670E Steel Legend Dram High Voltage Mode Problem
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E Steel Legend Dram High Voltage Mode Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BhdrBss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X670E Steel Legend Dram High Voltage Mode Problem
    Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 4:18pm
Hi Everyone

There is a bug or problem in high voltage mode. It won't boot every morning or after a long sleep period.

Sometimes it boots after 3 4 tries. When I enter the bios screen, VDDIO 1.110v seems to be stuck.

https://www.hizliresim.com/7mzhtnp

If it doesn't boot, I reset it. And when I enter the bios screen again, it seems that 1.110v is stuck. Clears cmos doesn't work.

https://www.hizliresim.com/9npd67k

If I choose VDDIO/V/V and give 1.35V it turns on. When I return to the bios after Windows boots up, VDDIO seems to be fixed. Then when I switch to High voltage mode it works fine all day. Same cycle again in the morning.

BhdrBss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BhdrBss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 6:42pm
Can someone with the same motherboard try this situation?
Guz00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guz00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 11:27pm
Got the same board, same problem (newest beta Bios).
If i shut down my pc entirely the high voltage setting is set back.
If i change it in the biosand reboot it works all fine (only power off crashes the settings).
So i found a little trick (probably another bug)
Set High Voltage Mode -> Set your VDDIO to 1.45 -> set your Voltage Control back to VDD/VDDQ/VDDIO.
Now the Value is stored at 1.45.
Only problem is that you're limmited on VDD and VDQ at 1.43, but my system is running on that.
BhdrBss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BhdrBss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 12:39am
I tried the new beta bios version. BIOS 1.11.AS06. The problem persists in this version as well.
Xef1ONYX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xef1ONYX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 12:59am
I have same motherboard and also same problem. Sometimes I ask myself "Did I make a mistake to go with Asrock in 7th gen cpu?"
I hope Asrock will publish a perfect bios for us computer enthusiasts.
BhdrBss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BhdrBss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 10:50pm
Don't buy Asrock. 1.5 months passed and still no solution.
modru2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modru2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 2:08am
Originally posted by BhdrBss BhdrBss wrote:

I tried the new beta bios version. BIOS 1.11.AS06. The problem persists in this version as well.

did support give you that bios? its not on the list. i have as07 from support because im having issues with this board and my 4090.

at this point im over and done with asrock. i ordered an asus strix x670e and will install it this weekend. ill avoid asrock boards in the future.
BhdrBss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BhdrBss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 3:24am
Yes. Support sent via mail. My friends has got Asus Strix x670e. No issue with Dram Voltage and 4090...
modru2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modru2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2022 at 11:49am
Originally posted by modru2004 modru2004 wrote:

Originally posted by BhdrBss BhdrBss wrote:

did support give you that bios? its not on the list. i have as07 from support because im having issues with this board and my 4090.

at this point im over and done with asrock. i ordered an asus strix x670e and will install it this weekend. ill avoid asrock boards in the future.

didn't see how to edit post. so ill just say my bad it wasn't asrock or the boards issue.

my cpu was bad and mishandling pcie lanes and causing weird issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic