ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B450Pro4, SoundBlaster Z - problems after new BIOS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450Pro4, SoundBlaster Z - problems after new BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladoCZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450Pro4, SoundBlaster Z - problems after new BIOS
    Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 3:17pm
Hey. Hey,
A few days ago I replaced the CPU (replaced R5 2600 with R5 5500). To support the new CPU it was necessary to update the BIOS.

BIOS P3.50 with no problem. After the update to P5.00 and another update to P5.60 I have a problem with the Sound Blaster Z sound card.

The sound card randomly switches channels. Left to right, right to center and so on.

At the same time, if it plays on the 5.1 speakers, it crackles and rattles.

I searched for a description of the problem and came across a completely identical description of the trouble after a BIOS update, but with X570 chipsets. I didn't found any thread with B450 chipset or boards from AsRock.But I'm having the exact same problems.

As mentioned on the MSI forum, https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/sound-blaster-z-has-weird-behaviour-after-updating-bios-x570-gaming-edge-wifi.325223/page-2#post-1961373 , Creative has investigated the problem and found that the trouble is because the new BIOSes have enabled support for some "10-bit Tag Field".

For some boards I have seen pictures that this option can be turned off in the BIOS. I could not find such an option in the ASRock BIOS.

Does anyone have a similar experience or advice on what settings to make on the ASRock board to get the card working fine? I don't want to get rid of it, but after update the BIOS sound card is obviously unusable. CHange PCIe slot didn't help.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 7:25pm
I would open a support ticket with ASRock:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

They are usually really good with getting to the bottom of BIOS bugs like this.
Make sure to mention your issues and also provide the link to the MSI forums you
linked here.

Good luck.
VladoCZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladoCZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 5:23pm
Ok, I did it. If I will get some solution, i will inform you or another users.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 6:25pm
Thanks VladoCZ, good luck
VladoCZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladoCZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 6:08pm
Hello,

unfortunately, the problem I mentioned could not be solved.

First of all I would like to highlight ASRock support. They worked with me to identify and solve the problem, they were interested in my problems, we tried several different settings, etc. I am very pleasantly surprised by the great way ASRock support handled it.

Unfortunately, however, it has come to the point that the probable cause of the problem lies in the AGESA microcode, i.e. changes made by AMD, where ASROck does not have access. So my incompatibility problem, which was caused by a BIOS update, cannot be solved (and the old BIOS cannot be used because I installed a new CPU).
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 1:16am
I am glad to hear ASRock's support staff were helpful. Sorry you were unable to
resolve your issue though. Maybe AMD's AGESA will get a fix at some point.

Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic