ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ab350m ryzen raven ridge support for 7.0+ bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EterNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ab350m ryzen raven ridge support for 7.0+ bios
    Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 7:38pm
I want to ask if somebody know how it is with support for AMD raven ridge with this motherboard.
To easy find that type of mb I mean: https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/AB350M/index.asp#BIOS

From what I see it's not recommend to update bios to 5.40+ version, but version 7.0+ doesn't have this restriction.

Please change my mind if it's just my misunderstanding.
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 11:45pm
Since AsRock BIOS pages for OTHER motherboards still say, "ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if you are going to use Pinnacle, Raven or Summit Ridge CPU on your system." for the latest AGESA V2 1.2.0.7 BIOS, I'm guessing they're just not always consistent about the message.

I do have one R7-2700 (Pinnacle Ridge) machine seemingly working fine with the latest BIOS, but it's my backup box, so I don't use it extensively. I can't give a definitive recommendation from this one machine.

For all my other older CPUs (Pinnacle & Raven), I've stuck to the old AGESA 1.0.0.6 because they've all been incredibly stable <- not an understatement, never had a single issue for over 4 years, one of which has been running 24/7 all these years.

You can be the one to make it definitive for everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic