ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme6 - latest audio driver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z77 Extreme6 - latest audio driver
    Posted: 05 Apr 2023 at 4:48pm
Z77 supports legacy mode (CSM Enabled by default), and Z390 maybe has CSM Disabled.
But this only works when the graphics card support Graphics Output Protocol.
R9 390, doesn't support GOP, this is with AMD cards, onward from RX560 and above, and Nvidia from 10xx and higher.
Use the Clear CMOS, to reset the BIOS, and insert the card, but connect the monitor to onboard.
When in devce manager the R9 card is not detected, You can forget it.
And when You replaced the board, without doing a clean install of the OS, it can also happen, it doesn't give picture.
Or use the support form, and check your spam folder for replies.
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp
Kind Regards
Holocene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holocene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 2:16pm
Hello, I have a Z390 Pro4 Mobo recently from a friend.
Changed it with my old one last night and everything went good, was working fine with ther iGPU and all. Untill the moment I installed my GPU on the PCI Express.
My question is - does that motherboard support Sapphire R9 390 8GB ?
When I connect the GPU, I get no signal to the monitor, removing it and switching the HDMI cable to the onboard GPU works fine. I disabled the onboard GPU via BIOS(dont have access to my PC right now, forgot the option name) and also changed the chipset to be on PCI Express, but still all I get is a black screen with no signal.
If that motherboard doesnt support that GPU, can you point me to some equivalent of that said GPU I have, so I can replace it.
Thanks in advance!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic