ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

SATA RAID and PCI M.2 SSD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dhood82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhood82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SATA RAID and PCI M.2 SSD
    Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 4:28am
I have 2 SSDs setup in Raid0 for my OS and I have 2 HDDs in Raid1 for storage/media. I am out of disk space on the OS disk (250GB) and I just purchased a new 1TB M.2 card and I am having difficulties. I have not deleted any Raid array, but went straight to trying to install the OS on the new M.2 using a USB. I have CSM support enabled. With the first attempt, I used Rufus to set up the USB with the OS ISO and the BIOS complained about it. So I used Windows Media Creator and I was able to get to the installation prompts. Then, we I go to install the OS on the new disk, the Windows Installer says "We couldn't create a new partition or locate and existing one".
What can I do to get around this? With the current setup, if I disable CSM, the machine will not boot and all I get is a ASRock splash screen until I unplug 2 HDDs I have for storage. I need to keep that array. Should I unplug all other drives, disable CSM and then try to install the OS to the M.2 card and just plug it all back in when I'm done along with re-enabling CSM?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic