ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Case open feature

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael_User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Case open feature
    Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 4:02pm
Hello,
Today, when starting my H55M-LE model, the following message popped up: "Warning! Case open detected! Please enter SETUP H/W Monitor screen to clear case open status. Press F1 to Resume".
I went to BIOS and found there in "H/W Monitor" section two options for this case (by default):
"Case open feature (Enabled)" and "Clear status (Disabled)". I didn't touch the first one, and for the last one it says: "Enable to clear case open status if case open had been detected"; I set "Clear status" to "Enabled" and message disappeared. Of course, no one had opened my system unit, so why did such a message appear (may be to update BIOS, why disable a useful feature )?

Michael.
Michael_User View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael_User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 7:43pm
By the way, after resetting, the BIOS option "Clear status" disappeared without a trace, and computer started booting normally!
Michael_User View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael_User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 6:18pm
Computer ended up saying "CMOS Settings Wrong"; so i changed the battery and now everything is fine !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic