ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

The CSM module cannot be disabled.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRock_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The CSM module cannot be disabled.
    Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 2:46am
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the AsRock forums, but I want to tell you my problem. My motherboard is an AsRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4. The day before yesterday, I decide to install Windows 11. Leaving the UEFI BIOS version at P4.20; and actually with the P4.20 version I could activate the Secure Boot. Unfortunately though, after installing Windows 11, I notice that my computer detects only 16GB of RAM (I have 32, two banks of XPG RAM of 16GB each). So I decide to update the BIOS. So I update the UEFI BIOS to version P5.10, not the latest since 5.10 is the version which makes the UEFI BIOS compatible with Windows 11. After updating the UEFI BIOS, I notice that Secure Boot is disabled. And when I go to enable it I'm surprised by a warning: "Disable the CSM in Setup. Repeat operation after reboot to ensure UEFI Video (GOP) driver Is operational. So I go to disable the CSM and get another warning: Display Device does not support UEFI Graphics Output Protocol (GOP). What should I do? How should I do? Please help me, I'm not buying a new video card.

Thank you all and sorry for the long post but at least I think I told you everything...Thank you all and sorry for the long post but at least I think I told you everything... :)
AsRock_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AsRock_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 2:48am
PS. Previously, with version P4.20, Secure Boot could also be activated with the CSM active. How is it possible? What do I have to do? Thanks :))
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic