ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Graphic artefact at startup [Z790 Steel Legend]
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Graphic artefact at startup [Z790 Steel Legend]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antarktyda1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphic artefact at startup [Z790 Steel Legend]
    Posted: 09 Feb 2023 at 2:09pm
Hello everyone!

I'd like to ask about two things about my motherboard ASRock Z790 Steel Legend WiFi.

1. I bought this MOBO in December 2022 and from the beginning I have this issue. Before Windows 11 Pro is starting up, there is a very tiny artifact at screen. It is located on the circle loading indicator under the ASRock logo. It's literally a little white line of a few pixels that flashes with rotation. I'm sure my display is fine because I checked it on two others, as well as the graphics card. CMOS reset does nothing and the same is with updating BIOS. Everything else works fine in the PC, only this little detail is irritating when starting my computer. Does anyone know what causes it or how to remove it?

Screenshot: https://i.postimg.cc/Dyw5YhPJ/1.jpg

2. After updating to BIOS version 6.02, a white bar appears in the upper left corner before the loading screen. It takes maybe two or three seconds before the ASRock logo appears, but before BIOS update to new version there was no such thing. Where can this be reported or maybe I can change something in the MOBO's settings to remove it?

Screenshot: https://i.postimg.cc/mrCSFgBq/2.jpg
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2023 at 12:00am
I don't think this is motherboard related, and just a glitch, but not a defect.
Try creating a bootable USB stick with Rufus, and Put Ubuntu Linux on it.
Then boot and go into the bootmenu (f11) and start Ubuntu, without installing from the USB stick.
If the issue is the same, it is likely hardware related, if not it is driver/OS related.
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic