ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Gaming Itx & 32GB RAM issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Gaming Itx & 32GB RAM issue
    Posted: 14 Mar 2023 at 6:32pm
The memory controlelr is integrated in the CPU, it is NOT on the board, and there is a direct link between pins from the socket and contacts in the memory slots.
When the old memory modules work in dual channel, and the new CPU doesn't, it would be best to return the CPU, for replacement.
Kind Regards
ChefLeBoef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChefLeBoef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 11:07pm
I have an Asrock X370 Gaming Itx board with latest Bios (7.40). I have recently purchased a 5800x3d CPU and RAM - 32GB(2x16) G.Skill Ripjaw ddr4 3200 cl 16. Until now I had the same RAM but 2x8. The issue is that the board does not see both 16GB sticks - it does not reach Post and keeps resetting. From what I know the board supports max 32GB and has only 2 dimms but I cannot say which frequencies are ok for the new processor in Dual channel. I have tried the following:
- Clearing CMOS
- disabled and enabled xmp profile before installing the ram
- Used 1 stick at a time in both DIMMS which works
- Installed new ram in another PC with 4 dimms which worked, so both are ok
- Enabled and disabled Resizable BAR
- setting both auto and manually the frequency to 2133 and 3200 which works only for 1 stick at a time
- using 8+16 (old and new RAM) also does not Post

Have any suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic