ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Internet connection issue, and tune up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digital tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Internet connection issue, and tune up
    Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 1:21am
Howdy all!
recently i purchased an AsRock Steelseries Z690 MoBo paired with an intel i7-12700KF

this past week or so I've been noticing my internet connection becoming extremely slow, with increased latency and "lag spikes" for applications, gaming, browser activity and downloading files. speeds dropping to under 7mbps when typically it's 190-220mbps and occasionally a notification box popping up saying connection has been restored. I have a vpn tool installed but have not used it in some time.

I have uninstalled the dragon controller and installed the latest network rivers directly from RealTek. when I reboot, it works just fine.

additionally, is there any way to tune my cpu and ram without significant risk?
RAM: TEAMGROUP T-Force Xtreem 3600MHz CL14 16GB PC4-28800 Dual Channel DDR4 DRAM

Thanks!
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 5:44pm
The issue that You decribe, I have only seen, when a Windows version was used, that was installed on another motherboard, and a clean install could solve this.
A conenction that is disconencted and rezstored, sounds more like a driver problem, or some miscommuncation between a Router, and the LAN chip.
Very important is, that afer instalaltion opf Windows, you should always first install the Intel INF (chipset) driver
Try without any tools, like VPN,just the Basic INF driver, and use the LAN drivers integrated in Windows itself.
Or open a support ticket
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp
Check Your spam folder for replies.
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic