ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock RX 6600 XT Challenger D OC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock RX 6600 XT Challenger D OC
    Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 11:17pm
Dear Rakka,
As far as I'm aware, ASRock provides 2 years of manufacturer warranty, on most products.
ASrock graphics cards, come in the original box, within an ESD bag, and with the PCIE and slot covers.
Warranty in European eunion is always, between seller and buyer, so between ASRock and distributor, between distributor and shop, and between Shop, and enduser.
RMA process is the reverse way.
When You buy a product, and pay for it, it's the start of a legal binding contract, between buyer and seller, part of that contract, is that the seller, must handle the warranty process.
Some companies, will try to avoid this, by trying to convince customers, they have to contact the manufacturer, and as You understand this is not according to EU consumer law.

There are also shops, that give 2 years, but claim, the second year must be handled by the manufacturer, which of course is also not allowed.
Suppose Your card is defect within warranty, and a manufacturer cannot replace it.
Usually it will be a refund, but the selling price from the manufacturer is of course much lower then what You paid, i don't think endusers will like the idea of not receiving a full refund.
When shops sell refurbished products, they must state this, and of course You would expect a different price
When it's obvious, it is a refurbished product with limited warranty, then it's okay
Kind Regards
Rakka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rakka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2023 at 6:37pm
Hi,
I bought a new GPU, seller claimed it was new, though the price was the same as for an open box one. GPU came in an original packaging, had antistatic bag with a sticker and had pcie and input covers, but didn't have a protection film on the top and bottom of the card itself. I've checked unboxing videos and it seems that all Asrock cards come with these protection films.
Shops that were selling open box cards provided only 1 year warranty in Europe and the shop from which I bought gave 2 year warranty. Question would be, is there any chance that newer makes of 6600xt challenger D had no protective film? If not, maybe anyone has any ideas what open box means in Europe for Asrock cards? Is there any way to check serial number for that?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic