ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M-HDV R4.0, Ryzen 5 3600 Stable Bios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syntax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M-HDV R4.0, Ryzen 5 3600 Stable Bios
    Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 10:30pm
I'm currently using Bios version 3.2 for this mobo with a Ryzen 5 3600 and it is terrible. The voltages are all over the place, bios auto tuning doesn't work and even trying a simple stable build without OC is not working.

Can someone point me to a bios that actually works?
syntax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syntax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 10:52pm
The system will boot to Windows 10 but it will not run under any load. In addition I noticed the CPU is very hot at idle 65C and I have changed the heatsink, used quality Noctua thermal paste. I have built a hundred or more systems and can't seem to stabilize this one using preset ASRock settings or manual settings. So I'm asking the ASRock community for a known stable bios for this board because its obvious 3.2 is not.
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 11:26pm
3.2 is incredibly old. I see absolutely no reason to use it on anything using the chiplet IOD, since even the latest AM4 CPUs (5800X3D) uses the same IOD. Just use the latest one.

It idling at 65C is extremely suspicious, though, regardless of the BIOS version. Something may actually be broken (motherboard? CPU?).
syntax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syntax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 5:38am
Yeah and when I manually tune and turn the vcore down it only goes to like 60C. I tried the proc in another board it is fine or I would have returned it. Unfortunately I need the other board for a different build and was hoping to make due with this one.
syntax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syntax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 12:15pm
Updated to 10.01 rebooted twice then reset CMOS to default. Now the idle is 55C but the CPU under stress load goes full 95C. Absolutely flawed mobo I do not recommend it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic