ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Fatlity x99x - random freeze - lockups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Fatlity x99x - random freeze - lockups
    Posted: 16 May 2016 at 5:24pm
Hello , 
Recently i decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and i am experiencing a weird issue , i have random freezes - lockups mostly (99%) on gaming. On dr debug led i get b7 error (memmory related). So here what i have done so far
Checked for windows corrupted files- fixed.
Uninstalled-installed M/B-GPU drivers.
Updated to latest BIOS.
Checked for bended CPU pins - no problem.
Intel Burn Test 10 passes (very high) 2 times - no errors
Memtest 2 passes - no errors.
Hard disk test - no error.
CPU temps: Below 70C with 4.2 OC

My rest of my configuration is:
CPU: Intel i7 5820k
GPU:Gigabyte GeForce Gtx780 Ghz Edition
PSU: Corsair 860i
MEM:GSkill 
F4-2133C15Q-16GRK
SSD: Samsung Evo 840 512Gb
HDD:Toshiba 2TB
Sound Card:Creative Soundblaster Zx
Cooling:Corsair H110i GT
Case: NZXT H440

Once i had windows 8.1 pro installed on my system with the same configuration had no such issues at all...
The only thing that i have not done yet is a clean install of Win 10...

Edited by chrkon - 16 May 2016 at 5:38pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 6:45pm
What are your video card and CPU temperatures during gaming? That is usually the situation with problems during gaming.

How is your H110i configured, with intake or exhaust for the radiator?

The Samsung 840 EVO is known to have an issue with "old" data, files on the drive that have been there for a while. Their read speed can be greatly reduced. Samsung has a firmware update and fix for this issue. Have you applied that fix to your 840 EVO?

When do you see the b7 POST code? It seems the PC boots and is usable, so I don't understand when you get this code displayed.
chrkon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 9:14pm
Hello and thank you for the quick response !

My gpu temp while gaming is about 65-75C , CPU about 65C , my AIO is oriented on the front of the case as intake. The CPU temps that i have on desktop with light usage is between 29-47C , GPU 35-45C
As  for the evo yes i have applied this fix a long time ago!
The b7 is shown immediately when my system freeze and i cannot do nothing except hard reset - hard power off.
As i am  digging more  information from the net about issues such as mine i noticed someone mentioned something about the link state power management ...I think i haven't change it to off... 

Edited by chrkon - 16 May 2016 at 9:20pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 9:47pm
Also check your windows event logs and see if there are any warnings/errors that coincide with the lock ups. It sounds like you could be experiencing graphics driver timeouts. 
chrkon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Also check your windows event logs and see if there are any warnings/errors that coincide with the lock ups. It sounds like you could be experiencing graphics driver timeouts. 

Well if you mean crash-dumps i don't have any cause i didn't get any BSOD , on the other hand looking at event viewer i got this message from the last freeze:

The previous system shutdown at 9:33:41 PM on ??/??5/??016 was unexpected.

And yesterday after upgrading my Bios to the latest 3.00 i get these:
Collaborative processor power controls on processor 11 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Collaborative processor power controls on processor 9 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Collaborative processor power controls on processor 7 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Collaborative processor power controls on processor 5 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Collaborative processor power controls on processor 3 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Collaborative processor power controls on processor 1 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Collaborative processor power controls on processor 10 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Collaborative processor power controls on processor 8 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Collaborative processor power controls on processor 6 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Collaborative processor power controls on processor 4 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Collaborative processor power controls on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
Collaborative processor power controls on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.

On device manager everything looks good...

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 4:34am
BIOS version 3.0 is for Broadwell support and appears to be buggy on Haswell CPUs at the moment (there are a few threads on the issue) so I would advise against using 3.0. Flash back to the latest BIOS prior to 3.00 for now. 

Not all events/errors generate crash dumps. 

Look under "Control Panel" -> "administrative tools" -> "event viewer" -> "windows logs" -> "system" for your system logs. Look for errors and warnings at or near the time of a crash.
chrkon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 5:58am
Only this:  The previous system shutdown at 9:33:41 PM on ??/??5/??016 was unexpected.
and after this:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Here is a complete log from the specific period that my system freezed.

chrkon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 9:29pm
Yesterday also i disabled the link state power management from the power options and the INTEL  link power management from the irst application. I 'll be back for updates...
chrkon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 4:40pm
Well i am back for update , since my last post it seems everything is working like a charm...it seems that the above options need to be disabled ...for some reasons...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic